Historic Atlanta home is a museum, event hall
Rhodes Hall, Le Reve
Completed in 1904, Rhodes Hall was built for Amos Giles Rhodes and his wife Amanda, who named the home Le Reve, or "The Dream." Architect Willis Franklin Denny II designed the mansion inspired by Rhineland castles the Rhodes' had seen on their travels in Germany.
As founder of the A.G. Rhodes Furniture Company, Amos spared no expense in building Le Reve and incorporated the latest modern conveniences. Following his death in 1928, Amos' heirs deeded the house to the state with the restriction that it be used for historical purposes.
In 1930, Le Reve was renamed Rhodes Memorial Hall and in 1983, became the headquarters of The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation. The main floor is operated as a museum and is available for private functions.
Special thanks to Traci Clark and The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
If you have photos or stories of historic homes in the Atlanta area — still standing or not — call us or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.