Helpful Holiday Hints
With 365 days in a year, there's plenty of potential for wacky, unusual or downright bizarre holidays many of us haven't heard of. Here are a few you can celebrate in January:
- Are you struggling to find a way to observe Business and Reference Books Month this January? Try reading this issue 31 times.
- If that holiday fruitcake is still lingering, luckily for you, Jan. 3 is Fruitcake Toss Day. Tossing leftover eggnog, however, isn't recommended.
- Have your household celebrate Cuddle Up Day on Jan. 6 to keep warm. If that doesn't work, call a heating & A/C company to service your furnace.Impress your friends on Thesaurus Day Jan. 18 by writing a jim-dandy, crackerjack, tip-top report on a service company.
- Go nuts for bushy-tailed rodents on Jan. 21 - Squirrel Appreciation Day. If they're nesting in your attic, consider consulting an animal removal company instead, although the squirrels might not appreciate you for forcing them back outside.
- Hopefully nothing in your home malfunctions on Jan. 23. If anything does, honor National Handwriting Day by writing a check to your favorite handyman.