Focus in on facts about the eye
Our eyes process millions of pieces of information, acting as a control tower to the brain so the rest of our body can take direction. As they decipher and unlock the colors, shapes and forms surrounding you, stop to focus on these insightful facts:
- 24 million — Number of images a person processes through the eyes during a typical lifetime.
- 40 — Age you start to become more likely to get an eye disease, such as cataract, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma or age-related macular degeneration.
- 10 million— The human eye blinks approximately this many times in the span of one year:
- 2 to 3 — Average number of eyelashes you lose per day. Throughout life, expect to shed enough eyelashes to span 98 feet.
- 7 percent of the male population suffer from color blindness, while only 0.4 percent of women are affected.
- Our eyes function 100 percent of the time, even during sleep.