Clean the bathroom in 10 minutes or less
In a 2011 nationwide Angie’s List poll, nearly 60 percent of respondents said the bathroom is their least favorite room in the house to clean.
The lack of enthusiasm for bathroom cleaning often leads it to be neglected for long periods of time, providing a safe haven for germs and bacteria to hide. Cleaning your bathroom does not have to be an all-day ordeal, and with the right plan of attack, it can be accomplished in 10 minutes or less.
Here’s a quick guide for cleaning the bathroom:
1. Clean as you go. If you always give the sink or tub a quick rinse after each use, your time spent on actual cleaning will be reduced dramatically.
2. Mirrors. Using a paper towel and some glass cleaner, wipe those accumulated smudges and fingerprints away.
3. Sink. Move everything off the sink top and wipe it down. Rinse out and wipe down toothbrush holders, the soap dish and any bottles and hygienic products that may have accumulated dust.
4. Toilet. Using a toilet bowl cleaner and brush, squeeze cleaner into the bowl and under the rim. Scrub thoroughly. Take a clean rag and wipe down all the porcelain surfaces, including under the seat. Don't forget to wipe the area surrounding the toilet as well.
5. Shower. Run some water through your shower nozzle, or if your shower has a detachable head, remove the head and spray down the walls of the shower. Scrub with a light cleanser, rinse and wipe down with a clean rag. Don’t forget the outside walls of the shower stall.
6. Floor. For a tile floor, feel free to use your vacuum to remove hair and debris. Working with a broom can just send hair floating through the air. Try a damp mop to give the floor a good rub down. Don’t flood the floor with water as the grout will be challenged and the adhesive holding your tile could come unglued.
7. Trash. Change the bag in your trash can. Using the plastic bags from your latest trip to the grocery will work out fine. Unfortunately, just dumping the trash can means some of those tenacious little germs can hang on for another week.
If house cleaning is just not for you, there’s no need to panic. There are more than 500 professional house cleaning services on Angie’s List in the Tampa area. Sign in today to see which companies are highly rated by Angie’s List members alike.