Bathroom behavior tips for contractors
Peggy Post, an etiquette expert with the Emily Post Institute, offers these tips for contractors using clients' bathrooms, many of which constitute good advice for anyone using a potty away from home.
- Ask ahead. If you think the need for a bathroom break might arise, don't hesitate to politely ask in advance.
- Mind the mud. Make sure your shoes aren't tracking anything on the floor.
- Try to be tidy. Leave the facilities no worse off than you found them, making sure to discard used tissues or paper towels.
- Refresh the roll. Put more toilet paper out if you use the last square.
- Stop snooping! Resist the urge to rifle through someone else's medicine cabinet.