6 tips to find safe chiropractic care
Angie's List compiled the following guidelines for choosing a top-notch chiropractor based on information from the Chiropractic Stroke Awareness Group, with the help of licensed chiropractors across the country. For quality chiropractic care, choose a chiropractor who:
1. Emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet, regular exercise, better posture, minimizing stress, etc.
2. Takes a full medical history before starting treatment.
3. Recommends a medical facility take X-rays or MRIs to rule out fractures, gross pathology or something serious like a torn artery.
4. Discusses at length all risks and benefits of chiropractic manipulation.
5. Clearly establishes the type of treatment he or she is going to perform, its expected outcome, how long it will last and how much it will cost.
6. Refers you to a medical doctor if you or close family members have medical histories that indicate a thorough medical exam is necessary before any chiropractic treatment.