5 tips for choosing hospice care
Choosing hospice is one of the most important decisions to ensure a patient is comfortable with end-of-life care. Here are things to consider when deciding to use hospice care:
- Get recommendations from your doctor and state hospice organization.
- Make sure the hospice is Medicare-approved.
- Interview hospice staff about their approach to comfort care and ask for references.
- Make a decision. Waiting too long can limit precious last moments with loved ones.
- Help others choose hospice by sharing your experience at angieslist.com.