5 symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder
According to the Mayo Clinic, not all repetitive thoughts or actions indicate obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). However, the health information resource says the side effects of obsessive-compulsive disorder can be so severe and time-consuming that it literally becomes disabling.
Officials at the Mayo Clinic say symptoms and signs of the compulsion side of OCD may include:
- Hand washing until your skin becomes raw
- Checking doors repeatedly to make sure they're locked
- Checking the stove repeatedly to make sure it's off
- Counting in certain patterns
- Arranging your canned goods to face the same way
If you feel you or a loved one might suffer from OCD, seeking a treatment plan under the care of an Indianapolis psychiatrist may provide some relief.