5 summer roof projects
With temperatures on the rise, new projects for the home can finally begin. Most homeowners may overlook an important project right above their heads – the roof!
Peter and April Miller of North Shore Roofing & Sealcoating suggest a few projects Boston homeowners may want to consider:
- Replace old skylights. When there is moisture between the glass or the glass is foggy it is time to replace the skylight.
- Have chimneys re-pointed, re-leaded, waterproofed and install a chimney cap.
- Have vent pipes or skylights re-flashed. If you have a dormer roof, have the windows and siding inspected.
- Call a licensed and insured professional to inspect your roof and make any necessary repairs to prolong the life of your roof.
- For flat roofs: having the roof inspected for any punctures in the membrane, roof seam failure or penetration flashing failure as well as checking the roof drains to ensure they are not clogged or missing.