10 easy tips to help you get organized
Submitted by Deb Zechini of Order in the House
1. Every time you fill your car up with gas, take the time to empty the trash out of your car and use the trash container beside the gas pump.
2. Every room needs to have a waste basket and especially the master closet. It’s handy to have nearby in order to throw away price tags and bags.
3. Anything that needs to go out the door with you in the morning, place beside the exit door or next to your purse as a reminder.
4. Make it a habit to get ready for the day first thing in the morning before you do anything else. This way you are ready to take on the day before life has a chance to interrupt.
5. If you find yourself avoiding a particular task, do some reflecting and have a little talk with yourself, forgive yourself for avoiding it and promise to make it a priority by scheduling it into your day.
6. Find the right planner system for you. There’s a plethora of planners available so if the first one doesn’t work for you, don’t let yourself believe you aren’t capable of using one. Try tweaking it to make it work for you or find one that does.
7. Keep the passwords and user names for your online accounts in an address book. List alphabetically by account name with the web site address. You can also use www.roboform.com, an online site that stores passwords.
8. When you travel, use Ziploc bags for your electronics. Label the bag with the name of the adapter, etc. so that when you pack for the return, the empty bag will serve as a reminder to retrieve the adapter.
9. The end of the season is a good time to weed out any clothes that you did not wear or did not particularly care for. Also, take an inventory of what item of clothing is missing from your incoming season wardrobe and make a list so that you can shop smartly.
10. Use a turntable (Lazy Susan) to store your medicine on and mini baskets to store loose items.
Zechini established Order in the House in 2003 out of a sheer passion for organization and the desire to help others. As of Oct. 21, 2011, this service provider was highly rated on Angie’s List. Ratings are subject to change based on consumer feedback, so check AngiesList.com for the most up-to-date reviews. The views expressed by this author do not necessarily reflect those of Angie’s List.