When considering a florist you've found online, try to avoid those that are mere order-gatherers, taking a cut of the cost but not actually providing actual floral services to the consumer.
Signs that a company may be an order-gatherer:
- No physical address on the website.
- A different business answers the phone.
- No phone number local to the area the flowers are being sent.
- Unusual fees.
Signs of a reputable florist:
- Has an address and a phone number local to where you're sending the flowers.
- Offers a money-back guarantee on their flowers.
- Has a variety of blooms to choose from, including regional and seasonal specialties.
- Can make good recommendations for what you need.