Before you shell out money for a gym membership, take a moment to think about your overall fitness goals.
- Are you out of shape and looking to develop a regular exercise routine?
- Are you in decent shape and want to tone your body?
- Are you seeking physical activity to reduce stress?
- Do you want to build muscle?
- Do you want to lose weight?
- Are you looking to increase your daily energy level?
- Have you been recovering from an injury?
- Are you training for a sport or event?
Whether you answer yes to one of several of these questions, many local health fitness centers can help you meet these goals.
Many health clubs also offer their members added benefits, such as access to fitness trainers and staff-led exercise classes. Some health clubs offer just the basics: machines, treadmills, supportive staff and a locker room, all at a simple monthly fee. Sports fitness centers that maintain a variety of exercise machines—as well as perks such as tennis courts, swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools—can be more expensive. Seek out and join the fitness facility that will inspire you most effectively toward your goals of getting in shape.