Access to trusted reviews, the best Real Estate and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Washington Real Estate Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Washington Real Estate Reviews
The day of the move went like clockwork, The two well groomed and clean guys arrived within the agreed time frame. They were friendly and pleasant, and we felt completely comfortable in our choice of mover from the moment they walked in.
The guys worked efficiently to get boxes & furniture out of the apt and into the truck. They carried everything with great care and consideration.
The move was from DC to NYC. The guys loaded up quickly and were on their way. They actually arrived much before us as we were detained in leaving DC. My daughter was able to call ahead to her new bldg. front desk/super and keys were given to the guys so they could begin the move in before we arrived. When we got to the bldg, they were just bringing in the last set of boxes. Everything had been very neatly unloaded in to her new apt. Since we had not been there to supervise placement of furniture, they had taken the initiative to place furniture where they thought things might go, and when we arrived they offered to rearrange anything according to my daughter's plan.
These guys went above and beyond what one would expect of movers, and we were very pleased.
I wish them well and lots of success.
PRICIING: The move took around five hours and fifteen miuntes and by my estimation, we saved a lot of money by choosing wanted around $1K for our 1BR/1
We were 85% packed in boxes, but we had some miscellaneous things that they put in large wardrobe boxes that they brought with them.
At the second location, they were incredibly helpful and put our belongings in whatever spot we asked, including some things in our storage space on a different floor.
After unpacking everything I can confirm that nothing broke.
Our small company provides short term, fully furnished housing to DC interns. We have a great number of quality properties and have a pretty substantial customer base, but we have a very small but efficient staff. So not a lot of manpower.
We ran into a last minute, emergency fiasco wherein we needed to transition 2 of our existing apartments into better locations - FAST. We also needed to set up a brand new apartment from scratch - FAST. We were up against lease end dates, lease start dates, incoming tenants, outgoing tenants, pick-ups, deliveries, etc. There were only small pockets of opportunities to accomplish what we needed for each apartment. These guys were AMAZING!
I am the one that scheduled them and I dealt with
We only had one
"I love this moving crew."
"Hard workers, whistling while they work, smiling, speaking English."
"They are awesome sauce."
"This was a great idea, getting these guys. They haven't blinked an eye at anything I've asked"
"SO, I vote to hire these guys with all future moves."
These guys were fast, flexible, and courteous. They came out 3 different times (per our request) and did everything we needed...and believe me, it was chaos! They went over and beyond in every way! They put together an apartment that consisted of all new furniture. This means unpacking deliveries and assembling. They hung pictures. They really - they did more than just transfer 2 units and set up a 3rd. They had to pick up and transfer furniture pieces from many of our other units too. So confusing. The instructions were something like this:
1. Transfer all of 921 furnishings and housewares to 917; except the table and dining chairs and beds
2. Take 921 table and chairs to 501; take 501 table and chairs to 614; take 614 table and chairs to 917
3. While in 501 grab the ottoman - this goes to 917.
4. Take beds from 921 to 321; two of the 321 beds will need to go to storage until we can get into 1017.
5. The other beds from 321 go to 917.
6. While in 917 bedrooms, assemble the 5 dressers.
7. All artwork is hung at 65" on center - I'll send you in a word document photos of the artwork and describe where it needs to go in 917.
8. While there, maybe they can move the 1101 stuff over to the office and take that desk and put in 321.
That was the only the first unit to be transferred. I believe it was
I just can't say enough great things. These guys really saved our butts!!!
The and in very good to excellent condition. Most of the ones I rent were brand new. They were easily twice as thick as
The only negative was that they don't have dish pack/glass pack
I'm not sure this will save you much money compared to buying
They called and asked to if they could arrive early. Just a little early, not "oh my god, I am not packed yet" early. It was also truly a request, I felt if I had not been ready I could have said no.
They didn't break or damage anything during the move, which as the veteran of many moves, I consider to be practically a miracle.
Everyone was polite and professional.
I can't think of anything they could have improved on.
Leading up to the date of the move, TMM called us several days ahead of time to confirm the move, and sent an email with helpful tips on how to make the move go smoothly.
The day of the move, we did run into a few snags:
- Late start due to a late arrival, but we were called an hour before the scheduled time to let us know they would be arriving an hour late
- We had way more stuff than we had originally quoted when we obtained the estimate, which meant it was going to be a bigger job and take more time
- We weren't sure we would have enough space in the truck for all our stuff
- The truck had battery problems, which resulted in us going from a three man team to a two man team for a short time
In the end, the three gentlemen were professional, congenial, and conscientious.
- We were informed early on if they anticipated any problems and presented with options.
- They did such a great job packing the truck we had no problems fitting all our stuff, even all the extra stuff we didn;t know we had
- All of our fragile furniture arrived safely and with no damage whatsoever
- We went over the estimate, but were discounted time due to some of the unforeseen issues
They are definitely not the cheapest service out there, but they are worth every penny in peace of mind. We would recommend them to anyone planning a move, and look forward to using their services again.
All Real Estate in Washington, DC
New Orleans, LA