Tired of your basement flooding every time it rains? Angie Hicks explains the most common basement waterproofing methods and provides an average cost for each.
Find Top-Rated Washington DC Waterproofing Contractors
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Waterproofing Contractors to Avoid
Top Rated Waterproofing Contractors
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 21,633 reviews for
Washington DC Waterproofing Contractors from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Waterproofing Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Washington DC
Out of sight, out of mind: Don't ignore potential problems with your basement or foundation. A professional explains why it's best to be proactive.
Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
It’s easy to do, but forgetting your crawl space can have plenty of negative consequences for the rest of your home from poor air quality to high energy bills.
Where is the home located, what is the exterior wall construction and type, how is the space heated?
It could be a whole host of different scenarios that would generate that result. It is nearly impossible to tell but I would say that most basement moisture problems are a result of bulk moisture intrusion or condensation issues.
Given the deep and hard winter this year, it could be a condensation issue that hadn't previously been shown.
Basement Waterproofing reviews in Washington DC
and encapsulating the crawl space. I will ventilate it instead.
gave me a quote for getting a sump pump installed to deal with a leak
coming into the basement down an old, no longer used (addition built on
top of it) staircase. He gave me a fair quote for the work and we
my house the next morning and they showed up on time and courteously
explained what work would be done and then laid down a bunch of tarps to
protect our floors and keep the house clean as they brought in their
After removing a step at the base of the old stairs,
they discovered that we did not in fact need a sump pump as there was a
existing, functioning drain that was there which was working fine. They
came and got me and let me know that they did not need to install a
sump pump and demonstrated this by pouring a five
down the drain. They cleaned the area and told me they were not going
to charge me for this work. I tipped them all and promised them I'd let
my friends know about this honest, hard-working company if they have
any basement waterproofing needs. Bravo, and thanks!
For the amount of money I paid, I would have liked to have had a visit from the crew chief at closing of the job. And if you have called the owner on no less than 3 occasions for issues, a visit from him would have been appropriate as well. I know I have more waterproofing to do in my old house. This job was just the first step. They lost a lot of potential return business by poor customer service.
All Waterproofing Contractors in Washington DC
Shop Local Basement Waterproofing Services in Washington DC
- Unique Furniture MakersHomemade DesignMember Price$995 $2045VIEW
- Unique Furniture MakersHomemade DesignMember Price$239 $349VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Washington DC.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center