Access to trusted reviews, the best Aquarium Services and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Washington Aquarium Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Sample Aquarium Services Reviews
Quality of the finished product was unacceptable, it was clear that corners had been cut. The glass was poorly cut (uneven and jagged edges), fitment varied greatly (none fit "well"- some doors fit so tightly they were ready to break when closed, others were loose with gaps and consequently not fully functional), and the spray-painted finish was already peeling from the frames upon delivery. The products were poorly packed for shipping, with little support for large (42") sheets of glass. Items were shattered/cracked in transit. Follow up customer service was unfavorable. I settled on a partial (<30%) refund for the order with no product replacements, which has left my set of 7 (now 5) cage fronts destined for the trash.
He gives me a reminder call every 2 months and we set up an appointment. He brings his own gear and towels. Also, asks before he shows up if you would like him to pick up anything for your tank. He is on time, pleasant, neat and the tank looks great when he leaves. He also is very knowledgable about tanks and fish and will answer all your questions.
The actual layout of A. To be crystal: it's the architect who designed the store layout that receives the "A", no one else.
Regrettably, however, a great design layout to any store does not an "A" make. The customer service you encounter in TFG's retail is OK at best. Frankly, some of the sales people are not really responsive and come with a noticeable attitude (over the phone and in person), which is not entirely surprising given the sad fact that TFG management clearly seems to endorse the antiquated practice of indentured servitude towards its own staff. In sum, this is where the good news ends.
Be aware that once you purchase your aquarium tank, fish and supplies from TFG, you are then transferred unwittingly to the service side of the business forever. To clarify, the retail staff itself is emphatically forthcoming in discriminating between the retail portion of the business and the services side. Retail take no accountability for the assistance TFG service technicians provide. Essentially, services at TFG are treated by the retail staff as separate businesses for all intensive purposes, period.
Relying on TFG services for routine maintenance is unwise to say the least. Unfortunately, my experience was so horribly frustrating that I decided to move onto another service provider in Houston who does excellent service work (Aquarium Innovations if you're interested). Regardless, there's many more solid aquarium service companies in Houston to choose from who are plenty eager to provide these type of routine fish tank maintenance services with a greater degree of professionalism.
Snapshot of issues with TFG services:
1. Unresponsive customer service: when attempting to make appointments or set-up routine cleaning schedules I would receive no or delayed responses from customer service.
2. An "Excuse dependent" management style. TFG always gave me a list of reasons why they could not deliver on their promises.
3. Missed appointments and no-shows.
4. Poor aquarium maintenance--"pump-and-dump" aquarium cleaning practices. Very rushed and unthorough, sloppy work. It was immediately evident that TFG service people were on the clock and were in a rush to move onto their next job.
5. After one cleaning, 2 of my fish went missing. Convoluted and half-baked explanations were all I was offered as explanations after almost a month of inquiries on my part. No corrective action was taking by any of the TFG staff, top-to-bottom.
The across the board solution is not terribly difficult: Crucially, regular and high quality training in the fundamental tenants of customer service are needed desperately for the TFG management team on down.
Before my tank was a bit cloudy, high nitrate levels (like >40ppm!), i had
Now my tank is crystal clear, my nitrate is 0ppm (as of last night, after the tank has been set back up for almost a month now), no phosphates at all, algae bloom is gone, and for christmas we are getting more fish and maybe a controller through Hood! This place is amazing.
I will NEVER use the local fish store (The Aquarium) ever again, they did nothing but give me bad advice and sell me products I didn't need.
I would definately use this company again for anything I need around my house!
Oh! Lastly, as I am a woman and usually get run over by overbearing men ( I usually have to
All Aquarium Services in Washington, DC
Fairfax Station, VA