Access to trusted reviews, the best Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Wauwatosa Landscaping Articles
Landscaping reviews in Wauwatosa
1. We contracted and purchased an NDS underground drainage system. When the second landscaping company came in to redo everything – we discovered that our gutters were simply buried underground and there was in essence NO system in
place. Our sump pump had a 10’ solid PVC pipe attached to, buried about 2’ underground that that ran along the side
of our house that simply ended in dirt. No net, clean out, day light, no French drain, no NDS system – nothing. We feel blessed we discovered this or we would have eventually had 4 sink holes in our yard and a sump pump that would have backed up into our home. When we discovered this – it was a mouth dropper.
2. Concrete work was rough. Inexperienced crew. The sidewalk along side our home was not parallel to the house and drifted approximately 12” from back to front. The hand cut expansion joints were “eye balled” and not parallel with each other. The turn of this sidewalk into our patio was at an odd angle – not 45 degrees as per plan – and h****** the eyes. The carriage walk to our street was originally formed “off/unparallel” with the top at 36” width and at the street 34” width. I caught this before they poured. It should have been my warning as to how bad this crew was.
3. The Polymeric sand was installed incorrectly. On every instruction I’ve seen, paper or web, the critical step #3 states that the excess sand should be removed from the stone with a leaf blower before you wet and activate the polymeric sand or you will stain the stone. This step was not done and yes – all the stones were stained – and it looked awful. The stones looked dirty and oily. The owner of
4. The stones originally used in our front stoop were the broken, tossed stones from the two patios. We believe he only order “just "enough”. It looked awful.
we had a brick pattern using half 4x4 bricks and half 4x8 bricks. In his “redo” he only used 4x8 bricks – not following the grid pattern of the stonework. Between the polymeric sand not applied right and the brick pattern not followed, this was a horrible eyesore right out our front door.
5. The crew did not clean the yard before applying the topsoil and grass seed. After 2 lawn sprinklings, a tremendous amount of gravel surfaced. Most of these stones were 1” in diameter or larger disbursed throughout the job by their trucks and bobcat. All of the planting beddings had the overflow of crushed stone topped with mulch. When I went to garden, I found NO dirt for the plants.
6. The berm was created with mostly waste dirt from the demolition phase. The berm was excessively high and rolled over 12”-18” into my neighbors yard. The crew had not marked the lot line. When they came to correct this problem after the neighbors politely complained to us – they simply “cut” that side of the berm away and refused to lower the berm to an appropriate height or re-sculpt the curve of the berm.
7. I had ordered small Technito Arborvitae and found out from the 2nd Landscapers that what was planted where
Techno Arborvitae which would grow large and not to the scale we were looking for.
Not only did we verbally complain, we wrote the owner of
us. We have had to take Legal action.
He treats his workers with great disrespect (referring to them as "my minions").
I should have heeded the advice I was receiving when I hired him as my landscaper. Advice such as: he doesn't complete projects. His plants die and he never comes back to replace. He uses the smallest plantings available which take years and years and years to fill in. He cannot be reached for weeks at a time because he avoids his unhappy customers.
Many of his projects in the wauwatosa area have had to be "redone" due to many, many issues. Not only the plantings but, the hardscaping as well. And this is just a few years after he initially performed the work.
I don't know how he has remained in business as long as he has. NEVER, EVER USE
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Landscapers in Wauwatosa, WI
Menomonee Falls, WI
Fort Atkinson, WI
New Berlin, WI
Menomonee Falls, WI
South Milwaukee, WI
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Wauwatosa.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center