Access to trusted reviews, the best Handyman Services and exclusive discounts!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Wauwatosa Handyman Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Wauwatosa Handyman Services Reviews
They do quality work, they do it quickly, and they are a pleasure to work with. They are very knowledgeable and offer helpful advice. They are also very versatile and can handle a wide range of home repair projects.
I will definitely use them again.
Everything started out OK. We needed our front door striped and repainted, and he did that good enough although I should've seen the warning signs. He refused to give me an estimate of any sort for the work he was going to do saying he'd simply charge me $17.50 an hour. Let me tell you - it doesn't sound like much, but it adds up quite quickly.
After the door was complete, we asked him to take a look at some of the trim on the house which also needed repainting.
This was where things started falling apart. Here's the problems:
1. Refused to give estimates given for the work we asked him to do
2. He started doing things we didn't ask him to do -- like window painting, rather than trim.
3. He'd start a new project before finishing the last one.
4. The quality of the job he'd leave unfinished was abysmal.
5. The total price we paid for the work done & left undone was much higher than if we'd gone with an insured, bonded company with professional experience
6. He randomly determined when he wanted to be paid (I put in 10 hours of 4 days - pay me when you get home tonight) -- instead of when a job was complete.
Finally - we'd had enough.
Here's the aftermath we deal with from the work he did:
1. Several windows were painted shut. In order to get them open - we broke screens and the interior window is barely holding together (see pictures).
2. We have many, many windows with paint still lingering on the glass that needs to be cleaned up. (See picture)
3. He didn't appropriately match the paint color so we have many windows with trim that doesn't match. By the way - he charged us for the time he spent painting with the wrong color and the time he spent redoing it.
4. He started digging out wood rot for a window but never filled it in. I guess he meant to get to it someday. (See picture)
5. The doors he painted weren't appropriately dired - as such we have paint on door frames. (See picture)
All told - we've spent about $2,000 to date to fix the "repairs" he made.
Please - no one should have to endure what we did. He needs to know that what he did to our house and the amounts he charged us for shoddy workmanship is NOT ok."
The poor grades are a result of them never following up on a larger job we had called on. After a positive experience with the doors, we called for an estimate to remodel a bathroom and convert a room into a 1st floor laundry. We never received a call back, called a 2nd time, and were told they forgot.
We do not recommend them since there was zero follow through.
All Handyman Services in Wauwatosa, WI
South Milwaukee, WI
West Bend, WI
Menomonee Falls, WI
Hales Corners, WI