One highly rated service provider explains the most important questions to ask and steps to take to help guide you through a complete garage remodeling project.
Find Top-Rated New Berlin Epoxy Floor Coatings
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Epoxy Floor Coatings to Avoid
Top Rated Epoxy Floor Coatings
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 13% of New Berlin Epoxy Floor Coatings are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against New Berlin Epoxy Floor Coatings
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,419 reviews for
New Berlin Epoxy Floor Coatings from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Epoxy Floor Coatings and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in New Berlin
Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
Make your concrete last longer and look nicer with garage floor sealer. Evaluate the types of floor sealants, and learn how to properly apply and maintain them.
Homeowners install epoxy flooring in garages and basements because its long-lasting requires little maintenance. Get tips to clean and maintain epoxy flooring.
"Etiquette and tipping experts agree that tipping a contractor and his employees isn't expected because contractors offer to do a job for you at a specific price. Any extra money they would want would be built into their bid. Also, it's a business relationship rather than one where they are performing a personal service for you like a waiter or a maid. But if the employees do extra jobs around the house, then experts say it is appropriate to tip a cash amount equivalent to the task; "tip gifts" such as cookies and drinks can count. "The key to tipping is whether or not it was outside the scope of what was normally expected," says Mark Brenner, author of "Tipping for Success!"
My opinion is that a little bit of courtesy (snacks, drinks, expression of appreciation etc.) goes a long way and upon completion of their work you feel compelled by a job well done to offer a little extra in the form of a tip - go for it, but do not feel obligated.
I get so many calls from customers that were talked into a "cheaper" way to do something only to find the work very sub-par. The sad part is they are out the money they spent in the first place along with the additional amount I have to charge just to undo what the first contractor did before I can do it right. This floor could end up costing you double what it should if it's not done right.
Todd's Home Services
Epoxy Flooring reviews in New Berlin
In the end, I decided to go with a different provider. Garage Finishers price was $3800 to refinish the garage with the polyaspartic floor. I received an alternative quote for an epoxy floor with a polyaspartic top coat for $2200. One reason I chose another provide was the cost. I am no expert on concrete or concrete refinishing, so the following is my OPINION, based on my research. The second reason is that epoxy has a much higher tolerance for higher moisture vapor transmission rate than polyaspartic. The only drawbacks I can find on polyaspartic is high failure rates associated with high moisture vapor transmission rates (which I think are likely high in the Cleveland area) and the price. Given these two factors, I decided to go the epoxy/polyaspartic top coat route.
Called the phone number on the top of their website and the connection hung up on me. Wasn't sure if they were still in business.
Tried a second time and left a message. Owner called me back 2 minutes later.
I had three questions I wanted to ask:
1) How many of these garage floors do you install a week/year? (because there are no Angie's List reviews, I was unsure of the level of their experience).
2) Do you use Epoxy or Polyaspartic floring? (Their website only says "Hybrid Polymer floor coating.")
3) What is the length of your warranty (Their website just only "We have the experience and the confidence to guarantee each garage floor coating system for workmanship and materials and we put it in writing!")
When the conversation started I indicated I had a new house and wanted a garage floor covering installed and asked question #1.
His responses in order, each time I asked this question:
1) Let's not talk about what I do, let's talk about what you want done.
2) I don't understand what you are asking, do you want a garage floor?
3) What are you asking me? Do you want a garage floor?
Very evasive and difficult to communicate with, I declined to continue the conversation after the third evasion of a
All Epoxy Floor Coatings in New Berlin, WI
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in New Berlin.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center