Don't take the first bid for granted. Talking to a smaller contractor saved this homeowner money and landed him beautiful stone counters.
Find Top-Rated Lake Geneva Countertop Installers
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Countertop Installers to Avoid
Top Rated Countertop Installers
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 24% of Lake Geneva Countertop Installers are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Lake Geneva Countertop Installers
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 982 reviews for
Lake Geneva Countertop Installers from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Countertop Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Lake Geneva
Sealing granite countertops is a DIY project even a novice DIYer can handle. Follow these step-by-step instructions (with pictures) to protect your countertops.
Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
Want to update your bathroom without leaving it outdated in a decade? Consider these bathroom remodel ideas for counters, colors and style that transcend time.
Artificial (quartz) is cheaper, more uniform, has fewer voids to collect dirt, and is almost as abrasion and chip resistant.
Granite is more expensive, stains and collects dirt a little easier as a rule, and is slighly more chip resistant as a rule.
For durability, I would not rate one over the other - barring a 250 lb guy hopping up on it and cracking it, either is likely to outlive you. Selection is typically based on appearance - quartz tends to be more uniform looking and does not always do a good job of simulating the veining and variations that natural stone has.
Now some of the man made stone counters rival the real granite and othe stones without the maintainence of stone. There are many of them out there and it is more a choice of looks than anything else. Corian is still a strong choice of tops today and one advantage is it can be repaired when scratched on site. If you don't mind the maintainence you can't beat the looks of real stone though unless you need a few pieces to make up the top as the graining may be hard to match up. I am impressed though at how realistic some of the man made products have become. It is more an issue of what brand are available in your area. Most all are made the same way with crushed stone and basically an epoxy binder used to make the sheets.
Countertop Installation reviews in Lake Geneva
· The staff person we worked with was pleasant
· The owner was quick to remedy the many problems we had
· The overall price was reasonable
· Quote was based off a square footage estimate that we had to provide (which was not accurate – no surprise there); company did not come out to do an accurate measurement until after we signed agreement to hire them. The cost ended up being more than original quote.
· They gave us a window of days and no specific time of when they would come do the work. We happened to be on vacation the week they said they could do the work. We tried to reschedule the work date, but were told we’d get bumped out considerably. We ended up cutting our vacation short to rush home to get meet the workers who were lounged on our front lawn waiting for us!
· Communication was terrible – I had to probe and push to get accurate and timely information. Might have been a language
· We ended up having to have the workers come out on 3 separate occasions, post initial job, to get the work done right! The initial workers were terribly sloppy and unprofessional.
1. They failed to c*** the seal along the backsplash and wall
2. They chipped part of the backsplash and filled it in with epoxy – looked really terrible
3. They had to come back to sand down and polish the seam that was very poorly done.
4. We were not warned that the main counter would have two separate slabs.
5. The slab patterns did not match – one was darker than the other and the speckles in the granite varied from one slab to the other. It was as if they didn’t’ even try to match the two pieces of granite. One of the slabs had significantly more large blemishes in the stone than the other side, which made it more obvious that there was a seam.
6. The seam finish was uneven and rough to the touch
Our experience may just be one bad apple in the bunch, but based on our experience I do no recommend
The cabinets took a few weeks to arrive and a little while to be installed.
afterwards the granite came in and to be honest, i didn't think at first i would be happy, but for the price, i got an amazing kitchen!
They then sent someone out to do the backsplash. once it was completed i paid them the rest of the labor.
They didn't ignore me, and tried to fix my nitpicked spots.
overall i am quite satisfied.
cabinets. We looked around and found that many places required a minimum dollar amount or square footage that
exceeded what we wanted to spend or our counter top area. our Angie’s list inquiry almost immediately. We talked to
to pick it up to help save on some of the cost as it is a smaller piece (I do not recommend picking it up for any piece larger than this one, the granite is heavy).
The piece was cut to our exact dimensions and it installed perfectly. We are thrilled with not only how it looks but also with the attention to detail and time that
The work started and ended on the agreed-upon dates (the end date was a bit of an estimate, but turned out to be exactly what was planned).
All Countertop Installers in Lake Geneva, WI
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Lake Geneva.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center