Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Builders and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Omak Home Building Articles
Home Building reviews in Omak
A couple of caveats: 1. This was our first experience building a home. 2. We talked to a number of different builders about building our home. The bottom line for choosing
* They have the reputation for being HONEST and fair. Both
You would think by this review that I work for him, but that is not the case. When someone treats us well and provides us with a quality product, I want to support them by writing a positive endorsement. Both
The bid was very much better than any other we receivied and was on time not only with the bid, but also the construction of the structure.
He and his crew were friendly and well-mannered, as well as clean and on-time.
Since this initial work, he has also replace an outside door that needed some frame reconstruction and repaired our fence from storm damage. I plan to use him again for painting and cabinet work in September.
After first contacting
Very poor service! Would not recommend.
For our unfinished basement, here's what we received for our money: - Design (which was excellent) - Framing - Electrical (to include phone and multiple coax drops) - Plumbing - HVAC - Drywall (hang/finish/paint and trim work) - Can lights with multiple zones/dimmers - Bathroom Shower w/ full tile (floor to ceiling) and recessed shelf.
Toilet - Full laundry room with countertop, cupboards, and pocket door - Den w/ pocket door - Laminate flooring / carpeting - New exterior door - New interior doors - Two new casement windows - Railings for interior stairway - Oak treads for stairway, custom stained to match laminate flooring As for the cost, one would initially think the price was high for a basement. However, you get what you pay for and the quality of workmanship (and the items mentioned in the first paragraph) made that money very well-spent. There were no
They cleaned up all debris and consolidated all of their equipment to one corner of the basement each and everyday.
We were stunned when, at the end of the project, there were only two items for the punch list (both very minor in our minds):
- Threshold for exterior door needed adjustment. The owner even took the time to show me how to perform the adjustment should weather cause it to stray, which is not uncommon; and
- Caulking along the counter top in the laundry room.
We highly recommend
1) It took them almost 3 weeks to return our (multiple) phone calls. Once they did, they were responsive but that long of a wait time should have been a red flag for us, considering all that happened after...
2) While taking off the old roof, the roofers did not remove items from our deck, as they should have done. Several of my plants (grown from seed by me and meant to feed me through the summer) were smushed and my bird feeder was knocked off it's post. I'm surprised it didn't break as well.
3) Most import - When looking at the job after they were done, I notice that one of the shingles on the top ridge of the roof was sticking up a little bit. I asked
4) Right above the entrance to our house, several feet of shingles were not cut to match the roof line. They too were left unfinished (some part of it was hanging down) and would not have been fix without a phone call from me.
5) They left an extension cord at my house. Not a big deal, but just reinforces my feeling that the crew had little attention to detail. They just seemed like they wanted to get out of their as quickly as possible.
6) I found lots of nails and a few old shingles around my house after they were done. Again, lack of attention to detail….
Some good things:
1) Their price was lower than other quotes we got.
2) Once we decided to go with them,
Overall, to me, the worry I have about the quality of work is not worth the $500 more I would have spent going with
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Home Builders in Omak, WA
Mountlake Terrace, WA
Cle Elum, WA
Port Angeles, WA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Omak.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center