Access to trusted reviews, the best Chimney Sweeps and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Everett Chimney Sweeping Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Everett Chimney Sweeps Reviews
professionalism on the phone and the lack of customer service. The
voucher I had purchased was past it's expiration date and I was calling
to find out if they would still honor it or what their policy was
regarding expired coupons. They said it was Angie's List's problem...not
impressed. The people at Angie's list however, handled everything very
nicely and with professionalism and great customer service. Went with
another service provider from Angie's List and was very happy with the
service I received.
I want to clarify that the grade for professionalism applies to the company as a whole, not the guys who did my work.
Those two were great but they couldn't overcome the issues with the company overall.
First the good part.
When the guys did get here they were polite, professional and seemed to do a good job of cleaning my chimney (not being a sweep myself it is a bit hard to tell).
They left the house as clean as they found it and were pretty quick about getting done.
Now for the parts that I was not happy with.
1) As others have noted this company seems to exclusively use a phone message service so good luck talking to anyone with less than 2 phone calls minimum.
It took me 3 calls (2 messages which I left for them through the phone service and a call back to schedule after the 2nd message) to get an appointment to have the cleaning done.
Let me be clear, based on my experience the phone service can do NOTHING FOR YOU, so if you deal with this company you will double the number of phone calls you make and when you are able to get anything accomplished on the phone it will be on their schedule not yours.
2) When I did get to speak to someone they told me their calendar was very full and it would be a couple of weeks before they could get out, not a big deal but another minor point. I picked a date and was given an appointment time, not a time window a single time.
Then on the day of the appointment that time comes and goes and nobody is here. I wait an hour or so and finally call their phone service and leave yet another message (if you are keeping track this is now the 5th phone call I have had to be on and I have only spoken to someone who can help once).
About 10 minutes later the guys show up and start working on the chimney.
After I get them set up I go back downstairs and there is a voicemail on my phone from what I assume is the owner of the company.
Honestly the message sounded like it was a huge inconvenience to let a customer know that someone was coming.
Had the time window thing been explained when I made the appointment I would have put a window on my calendar and there would have been no issue but instead I wasted more of my time in trying to chase down what was going on and where folks were.
3) While the guys were here I asked them about replacing the damper in my firebox with a chimney cap model to seal things up better and stop letting heat out of the house.
They seemed to think it might work but really showed no interest in finding out for sure or adding one to the house.
I was all set to pay for a new cap and get things all taken care of for the fireplace but I will now be looking for someone else to put a new damper in for me.
As I said they did a decent job and were polite and professional enough but the amount of my time that the company wasted with their phone service and lack of clear communication combined with their seeming lack of desire to sell me a service/upgrade I asked about tells me I need to look elsewhere for my chimney needs.
YMMV but I won't be using them again
All Chimney Sweeps in Everett, WA
Bonney Lake, WA
Maple Valley, WA
West Linn, OR
Lake Stevens, WA