Access to trusted reviews, the best Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Bothell Landscaping Articles
Landscaping reviews in Bothell
He told me that he would come to the house on Thursday or Friday, but that he'd call before he came. There wasn't a call later that day (or the morning after), so I thought he was coming on Friday. At around 9AMish I looked out my backyard window and saw
We went out to drop off the kids and to see if we can get some stuff to plant in the areas where we were pulling out weeds and stuff.
We came back at around 12PMish, and
The workers were pulling more weeds out of the front yard brown areas.
At around 2PM~3PMish,
At around 3:20~30ish,
Then my wife came home at around 5PM and was very mad that
* The lawn wasn't weeded at all
* The dug up areas in the backyard wasn't spread out with bark (and is bare)
* The tree growing over the roof wasn't trimmed completely.
We mentioned these things to
* He doesn't weed lawns (ever since 1987) and so we should just take the savings and contact a lawn company to get the fertilization done.
* He's not insured to go on the roof
* He never said he would spread bark in the back yard so he didn't.
* We should feel happy that he spread a bit of our mulch in the front yard as well as having removed the Spruce for free(?).
Overall experience is that
* He pushed through everything in a big hurry. He didn't give a written description of what he would do for us, which meant that there were issues with expectations.
* He tries really hard to get us to give him good reviews.
* Although he kept mentioning that he would make us really happy, he couldn't (didn't) resolve the issues that we were VERY unhappy with at the end.
* So in the end we felt that we didn't get value out the $1500 that we paid him and remain very dissatisfied (and losing trust in Angie's List reviews).
We were originally only going to do the front yard because we thought it would be cost prohibitive to do both right now. I gave him a basic idea of what we were looking to do in the front yard. To make sure we were on the same basic page when it came to cost, he gave me an estimate based on the size of the yard i provided him. We agreed it was a good price and from there set up a formal time to meet on Saturday to look at the job and firm things up.
He kept in contact via phone and even though he had given me a 2 hour window he still was courteous enough to call within 10 minutes of his arrival to give me a heads up.
Upon his arrival, we walked the front yard and he measured and firmed up the price which was right in line with what i had already been quoted. The front yard was in need of being heavily thatched, aerated and reseeded.
Between my original call to him and his arrival my husband and I had decided to go ahead and do the back yard if it was reasonable so we
Front and back together came to 2700 +tax (we live on 1/3 acre). We paid 50% down at that meeting and he started the process that day with putting the moss
I went to work that day but our adult daughter was home keeping our large dogs happy with all the strangers wandering in the yard. Even she had rave reviews about how nice
I arrived home by 3:30 to find the front yard was complete and they were almost done with the back yard. They had even distributed some of dirt that had been left over from the back yard into the front yard so that none went to waste. This was an unexpected bonus and although it was a bit more labor to do it on their side, there was no additional charge. The back yard was nice and lush with beautiful dirt laid out and being rolled over and grass seed being put in etc. The workers kept everything clean and they all had smiles on their face and interacted well with each other.
I would hire
and did a few others that they had time for. Great work, very responsive. We use them again.
I didn't hear from him at all. I called and called and my husband finally was able to reach someone with a thick accent who said he would be calling. He finally did call and met with my husband. We needed the porch raised or skim coated to raise the level and he said he could raise the porch. He said he would be back, did not understand that we had a time crunch as we were selling our house and did not provide my husband with a written estimate, nor did he set a date.
Finally after several calls, my husband got him to agree on a date. I called 2 days before to confirm, where he promptly did call back to confirm that he would be there.
The owner and his crew arrived with a truck full of premade cement. They used sledgehammers to break up the walkway and took some of the debris out. They left a LOT of debris in the walkway, along with bricks (ours, they didn't bring any of their own) and poured the slab. They did not bring their own broom either and had to use mine.
He also told me on the day he could not raise the porch after all. This was after they had dug under the porch and just left it dug out.
It's been 3 weeks and they never came back to remove the forms; they didn't clean up the dust and debris, and left the dug up holes on both sides of my porch.
Worst of all, the slab has dried to a mottled white and blue and grey. I'm at a loss as to what to do now with the discolored path. I am very disappointed.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Landscapers in Bothell, WA
Port Orchard, WA
Shop Local Landscaping Services in Bothell, WA
- LandscapersBear Creek Landscaping LLCMember Price$538 $1080VIEW
- LandscapersBear Creek Landscaping LLCMember Price$2799 $5100VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Bothell.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center