Using an online relocation calculator helps you estimate your moving costs, and determine the best moving method.
Find Top-Rated Winchester Storage Units
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Storage Units to Avoid
Top Rated Storage Units
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 4,664 reviews for
Winchester Storage Units from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Storage Units and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Winchester
Use this handy guide to tackle some of the key summer maintenance tasks.
One highly rated provider offers tips for selecting a secure storage unit.
From gas masks to toasters, storage unit owners have seen it all.
Although Angie's List doesn't provide info on average or "going rates" for various projects, when members and consumers submit reviews, they have the option to include that cost of the project.
With that in mind, one way to find out a very general price range on a project is to log on to www.AngiesList.com (http://www.angieslist.com/?CID=ANS) and search for "Moving" (or any other appropriate category for your project, such as remodeling - K&B or ceramic tile), and then look at the project cost info supplied by local members and consumers.
Of course, probably the best way to get the most accurate cost information is to request multiple bids from several contractors. As the price will vary with work site considerations and individual contractors' approaches, getting multiple estimates will help provide a clearer picture of what your project will cost.
I hope this information helps!
If you would like to see more Angie's List search results for your area in this forum, please let me know by responding in line with this Q&A by submitting a new answer. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 1-866-783-2980 to speak with a live representative. Our call center hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am-8:15 pm Eastern Time or Saturday from 8:30 am-3:00 pm ET.
Thanks for writing! - Kyle K
Here are the FAQ's on San Jose rent control - and only apartments and mobilehomes being rented are covered, not storage units.
More and more people are using storage units, so costs have gone up frequently and signfiicantly in the past few years.
Pretty much you are at the mercy of the market - if the market will support it, they can raise their prices - and the cleaner, newer, and higher security ones can do that easier (but also presumably protect your stuff better). Your only recourse, for lower cost, is to go with an older, shabbier looking or non-climate controlled place, build storage at your place, dedicate more of your personal space to storage, or get rid of stuff.
Storage Unit reviews in Winchester
1. Inconsistency. The rates for any given size storage unit are variable and constantly changing, based on vacancy rates (i.e.
the number of units of a given size that are available for rental). If they have five 10 x 20 ft. units available, the rates are
considerably lower than if one unit is available.
2. Administrative fees. The charge a one-time administrative fee of $25.00 (or thereabouts) for document preparation which is
arbitrary and clearly aimed at increasing revenue. In the days of paperless documents, this is shameful.
3. Rigid policies and procedures. The Staff members Insist that you put your own lock on the unit the very day that you rent it.
And then they put an incredibly adhesive sticker on your lock--more for their convenience; not the renter's.
4. Insistence on renter's insurance "to protect your possessions." They are merely trying to reduce their liability....
Despite what might seem to be attractive rates at the outset, they are diminished by the fees, mandatory insurance and rigid policies. Rather than being user friendly, they seem to have an obstructionist mindset.
I will not rent from this facility in the future and will make every effort to terminate my current rentals, as soon as I possibly can. The "corporate influence" is evident; I think most would be better served by a locally owned storage facility and not one owned by a corporation or what may be a franchise.
Barn delivery and install - excellent
Quality - great
Storage Units in Winchester, VA
Shop Local Storage Unit Services in Winchester, VA
- Real Estate AgentsKevin Carter, Realtor, MBAMember Price$49 $49VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Winchester.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center