Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime.
Find Top-Rated Madison Home Inspectors
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Home Inspectors to Avoid
Top Rated Home Inspectors
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 4,035 reviews for
Madison Home Inspectors from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Inspectors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Madison
Is home ownership still the ultimate American dream?
The Environmental Protection Agency is requiring renovators and remodelers to be certified on lead-safe work practices by 2010.
Dear Angie: Should I hire an independent home inspector to look over a newly built tract home? — Deborah D. of Renton, Washington
Todd's Home Services
San Antonio, TX
Todd's Home Services
Are the heat pumps Package or Split System?
Are there actually 33 PTAC units?
Are you an EPA certified person( refrigerant )?
Here is my suggestion, break it down into manageable portions(ie one heat pump and a few PTAC units every other month) to keep from being overloaded.
Check/inspect electrical wiring and connections
Check amperage draw of compressors/motors
Check capacitance of start and run capacitors
Check contractors/relays for wear/pitting
Check refrigerant levels and record superheated/subcooling
Check external static pressures across air handler(s)
Check deltaT (return and supply air temps)
Lubricate motors( if applicable)
Inspect Belts/Pulleys( if applicable)
Clean outdoor coils
Clean indoor coils
Start there and HAVE FUN!!!
Home Inspection reviews in Madison
1. Two people performed the inspection. One appeared more knowledgeable than the other. The least knowledgeable of the two did most of the inspection. The other spent a significant amount of time on the phone in the kitchen and planning a future job along with the pest inspector.
2. The pest inspector was worthless. I can't say he even spent 5 minutes looking around. I asked him if he looked in the attic and he replied that he had -- no way. When I later went to look in the attic opening it was clear he had not been in there (He didn't even have a ladder so he couldn't have..) Clearly lied. Missed a significant amount of ant frass in the basement from carpenter ants. Worthless.
3. The following systems were marked as satisfactory and had to be replaced or fixed within the first week of us moving in:
-Oven did not work
-Carpenter Ant issue
-Air conditioner did not work
-Kitchen sink leaked
-Water damage behind second floor toilet
4. They spent a significant amount of time detailing their 90-day home warranty. First of all, it is extremely limited ($500 coverage for appliances (must be newer than 10 years old) and $2000 coverage for any other systems, with SIGNIFICANT fine print). We attempted to use it for the roof issue since it appeared that it should be covered. After months of e-mailing and calling they have finally declined to pay our claim for a bogus reason. They don't really charge extra for this, but it is still worthless. It gives a false piece of mind -- it would be better to not have it at all frankly.
We selected these guys based on a lot of positive reviews. Maybe they are slipping or had an off day, but this inspection was disappointingly bad and has cost us thousands of dollars in repairs.
Home Inspectors in Madison, VA
Shop Local Home Inspection Services in Madison, VA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Madison.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center