Access to trusted reviews, the best Pet And House Sitters and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Charlottesville Pet Sitting Articles
I understand from
One of the things that we really noticed was that the house didn't smell at all like cat box in the slightest bit when we came home. *That* is a very, very nice welcome home after a long vacation.
We entrusted our 8 cats and our personal home to her care - she assured us she'd care for them and our home as if they/it "were her own". However, upon arriving home we were horrified to discover:
1. She had administered the wrong medication to our cat with a cardiomyopothy the entire time - despite our extensive instructions, both written and verbal; despite my filling out her businesses' detailed questionnaire at her request; despite detailed instructions for medication administration written underneath his picture posted beside his bedroom door.
2. We also have a cat who suffers from obstipation who needs to be medicated twice a day - he was severely constipated when we got home. Because of the situation listed above naturally we're wondering if he received the appropriate medication at the instructed times of day.
3. The cat's rooms were very messy and reeked of urine (the pee pads had not been changed in the cat's room referenced in No. 1 and by her own admission she changed them only 2 times the entire time she was there (she was asked to change them daily because they NEED to be changed daily). Additionally, there were other places throughout the house where the cats had messed that she hadn't cleaned up.
4. None of the litter boxes had been cleaned and had quite a lot of excrement in them - even though we asked her to clean them several times throughout the day and she had advance notice of when we would be arriving back home.
5. The water containers were well below where the cats could reach the water and were not filled to the brim as instructed (thank goodness we had automatic fountains as back-up).
6. The water bowls outside were bone dry (the temperatures were quite warm while she was there).
7. By her own admission she "didn't sit outside with them even once" - an indication to us that perhaps she didn't keep them company and play with them as we asked and she assured us she would. We'll never know.
Additionally, based on the information of our housekeeper who was there to clean and check on things in our absence,
1. She moved an extraordinary amount of her personal things into our home without our knowledge or permission and apparently used our home as her personal extended stay/storage unit.
2. She moved our furniture/personal belongings around and had not replaced them before we arrived home, even though she had ample notice of our arrival time.
3. She did not clean up after herself or the cats - we have a housekeeper and did not expect her to be one, however, we did ask that she keep things picked up so the housekeeper could do her job. She did not: her belongings were strewn all over the house, there were food crumbs and purple stuff spilled throughout the house including in the refrigerator, all over the desk where my husband's business computer is, and in the living room in front of the TV and on our leather furniture; there were several cat messes in the house that she did not bother to clean up.
In our experience her house/pet sitting services were far from "
We cannot in good faith recommend using the services of
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Pet And House Sitters in Charlottesville, VA
Glen Allen, VA
Mc Gaheysville, VA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Charlottesville.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center