Access to trusted reviews, the best HVAC Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Bristow Hvac Articles
Hvac reviews in Bristow
Two guys came out for regular Spring maintenance. Excellent guys, Very knowledgeable, very nice. Wish they could come out every time. If they did, I'd still be with ARS.
Last week our AC went out (again, stay away from Trane!). They came out the next day, but the guy spent most of the time on the phone asking someone else for help. Said the circuit board was bad (again?) had to order another one, and another fan. A WEEK later the part came in and he installed it. But he didn't order everything he needed, and admitted that it was his fault. So now we have to wait ANOTHER week to get the other parts. So now I'm thinking, what if this happened in
I called to complain and tell them that I wanted another tech, and I wanted the parts shipped the next day, and that I wasn't going to wait another week because he didn't order everything he needed. The nice lady on the phone understood and said that the manager was gone for the day and he would be in contact with me the next day. Guess what? Next day came - no one called.
Lastly, when he came out, he was more than 2 hours late. Honestly, I'm ok with that. But the least they could do was to call us and let us know they were running HOURS behind schedule. But I had to call them.
Three strikes. And now I'm back on Angie's List looking for another HVAC contractor who is reliable and won't take two weeks with multiple visits (not to mention how much of an inconvenience it is to us) to fix the problem. I honestly lost confidence in them, and I don't want to have this happen when it's 90+ degrees in
I called 6 companies for quotes on replacement HVAC systems when ours was dying. Of those 6, only 3 got back to me with quotes, and before having them come out. In the end, I went with
* Gave us a specific time that they would show up for both the quote and the install, and were there within a few minutes of that.
* Talked to us about our current system to see if it would they could repair it and save us some money, before doing a quote on the new system.
* Gave us quotes on entry level and high end systems -- explained the differences but didn't push the high end equipment at us.
* No pressure whatsoever. Gave us time to decide. They were also transparent with their costs. With them I understood why things cost what they did.
* All 3 of the guys we had here at the house, as well as the owner who called me on the phone, were very knowledge, professional, low pressure, and willing to help. And they were great with kids -- even our very curious 5 year old.
The guys doing the install worked hard and stayed late to get it all done in one day (they were at our house over 11 hours), and still took time to check and explain everything before hitting the road. They even turned around and came back when they saw my five year old running behind them waving a picture he
Highly recommend these guys.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All HVAC Contractors in Bristow, VA
Windsor Mill, MD
Bryans Road, MD
Shop Local Hvac Services in Bristow, VA
- HVAC ContractorsPreferred Heating & Cooling LLCMember Price$59 $97VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Bristow.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center