Access to trusted reviews, the best Pet And House Sitters and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Alexandria Pet Sitting Articles
Pet Sitting reviews in Alexandria
We found Sondi last minute when our original pet sitter fell through. we've had some unfortunate experiences in the past with strangers caring for our pets so we were nervous about trusting a stranger with our FeLV positive, scared of new people cat. However, as soon as I got Sondi on the phone she immediately put me at ease. So far so good.
What really made Sondi (and
Unfortunately, we had a family emergency which required us to travel out of state for an extended period of time on short notice. I was really in a pinch, because we had 2 dogs, no pet-sitter, and very little time to sort everything out. I sent
same person. She was trustworthy, always on time and never missed a day she was scheduled. Often she would spend overnights to take care of my pet when on vacations. Naturally, because of my previous good experiences I wanted to use
was reliable and professional. However, after only one week she resigned from the company and for the next 6 weeks we had a total of five (5) different dog walkers parading through our house, none of whom we ever met until we became concerned enough about the last one to make a point of doing so.
2. The last dogwalker assigned to our pet was the final straw. The walker serviced his route using a bicycle, left unintelligible notes, and neighbors told me the walker either let our pet out in the backyard briefly or simply walked to the end of the street (2 houses) and returned. Thus, the walks lasted only 10-minutes and not the 30-minute walk paid for. He was eventually terminated by
3. I requested walks to occur between Noon –2pm. On more than one occasion I came home for lunch and stayed until 3 pm to meet the dogwalker. The dogwalker did not come until sometime after I left. Causing me concern my dog was regularly not getting walked until late in the day.
1. I initially requested
2. When I terminated the service in late May I was billed $318.00 the next day for June. I have called their billing department multiple times over the past few weeks with no answer or return phone call. When I have spoken with their manager she promised to reverse the $318.00 charge but to date the charge has remained and I never received the promised return phone call to verify the charge has been reversed. I have now placed the charges in dispute with Visa.
After determining my house was being paraded through by multiple unknown people and my pet was being handled by a multitude of less than professional dog walkers, my scheduled walk time was often well past the time I requested (except for the day the walker noted his time in as 10:38 a.m. much earlier than agreed), my pet was not being walked the full 30 minutes or given the attention, I was being over billed and it was impossible to find anyone at the front office to take corrective measures, I decided to
house key, she was told it would be necessary to wait until a later time. When asked why, she was told the latest dogwalker assigned to our house had been terminated and they had yet to get his route’s house keys back from him. I had
no way of knowing how long a terminated employee would be holding my house keys or if he duplicated the key. The keys
were returned by
to change my locks. I have asked
1. Charge for the extra unused month not reimbursed: $318.00
2. Charges for extra 4-day walks when only walked 3 days: $90
3. Cost of rekeying my locks: $198.00
Total Out-of–Pocket extraneous costs: $606.00
I will also file my complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
clean the cat box for us (which was not part of his normal routine for walking our two dogs). Our cat is strictly an indoor cat and I trust him completely to care for him and keep him safe in our home. Without hesitation we recommend
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Pet And House Sitters in Alexandria, VA
Falls Church, VA
Great Falls, VA
Falls Church, VA
Shop Local Pet Sitting Services in Alexandria, VA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Alexandria.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center