Access to trusted reviews, the best Electricians and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Richardson Electrical Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Richardson Electricians Reviews
First problem: the electrician had not been told there was no wiring in the ceiling, so he did not have all the supplies on hand. He said he would have to get the supplies and the job would take longer than planned. After making a call to his supervisor, he verified that the information had been conveyed to the company, but was not passed along to him. He then assured me the job would be completed as originally requested.
Second problem: I had purchased a triple wall switch that did not require an additional hole to be cut in the wall. He cut a new hole before realizing it. He offered to put a regular wall outlet in the new hole, but I didn't want a wall outlet four feet off the floor next to the light switch. I opted instead to have the ceiling fan switch installed in the new location instead of using the triple switch in the original location. The look is not as clean as I would have liked, but I can live with it. Next time, I'll be sure to tell them about any special supplies before they start the job. I assumed he would check out the materials I had provided, but he assumed I had purchased a standard double switch instead of a triple. We both learned it's better to check than to assume.
Bottom line: the new ceiling fan looks and works great. The electricians were extremely courteous and professional, even when I became a bit annoyed. They were also able to do this job without cutting off all the power, so I was not inconvenienced at all.
The total cost was $99 for the Angie's List Big Deal purchase of two hours of electrical service, plus $50 for the additional supplies they had to buy. Because of the misunderstandings, it took about four man hours, instead of two, but they didn't charge me for the additional time. I would definitely use this company again and would recommend them to others.
Imagine the shock when we asked how much? He told us that he would not charge us; just enjoy our Halloween Party!
1. After the A/C break down, we have only had our A/C worked on by one company so it was yours. And you are 100% mistaken about having my home cooling within 48hrs. It was 4 days without A/C. The day of the initial apt, when no one showed up, I called and Speedy had no record of my initial call or appointment, so it's not surprising that your records would indicate you finished the work within 48hrs.
2. We paid the deductible which I believe was around 69.00, at least a portion of that money would have been passed through to you. So you were paid for work.
3.Your response did not address the issue of your tech leaving a job unfinished job, and his leaving his trash, which outside of the initial botched appointment, I would think this would have been the major issue worth addressing in your response.
ORIGINAL POST: A/C went out and had them out to inspect. First go around, they didn't show up for the appointment at all and said they had no record of me calling in for the appointment, which meant we went 4 days with no AC in the dead of summer.
When they finally came, they determined the AC unit was fine and only need new electric box outside. Tech went to home depot to grab one, came back and didn't have a masonry bit to install box (was outside watching him and an understudy for most of the work). Rather than get a masonry bit, he went through 3 bits trying to drill into the house, it didn't work. So tech left the job stating he had installed it, come to find out having gone out there to look at the finished product, tech left the box hanging with only one screw holding it in rather than two, and also left his trash next to my house.
Would not recommend.
There was a lot more electrical work in the completion of our remodel. We have used another electrical contractor for that work.
All Electricians in Richardson, TX
Glenn Heights, TX
Grand Prairie, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Grand Prairie, TX