Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Warranty Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Denton Home Warranty Articles
Home Warranty reviews in Denton
Concurrent with this I placed a call for my air conditioner. It was consistently dripping condensation from the secondary drain. Allied sent out a technician from NRG Home Services. The technician did a check, blew out the main drain line and eventually found a cracked plastic drip
I called Allied and they could not answer any questions because no report was ever filed by the technician. But they did try and convince me why they would not pay for it. After a couple more calls, I asked to speak to a manager. The admin went off and talked to someone and came back and told me the service department was not comfortable with the diagnosis and wanted to send someone else out from NRG to look at it again. And apparently we did not pay the $60 trip charge. We did, but the check has not yet hit our account after 5 days.
A few things I have learned.
2. I have asked to speak with a supervisor or manager on four or five occasions. I have never been able to do it. The admin will put me on hold and then come back with an alternative solution.
3. I think they have tried to lowball the repair or reimbursement on every call I have made over the last 2+ years.
4. The admins on the phone do not have access to any service related information. They seem to have to call the service department to get any information.
5. Allied sends out automated emails with progress updates. Unfortunately, they do not include anything in the email that would allow you to identify which service request it is.
6. It seems the most important thing when you are on the phone with them is to 'follow the process'.
At this point, I am still waiting for the follow-up appointment for the A/C to be scheduled.
Bottom line: They apparently decided they weren't going to do the repair no matter what, and were going to say anything to make me go away.
I have since had the repair done by a plumber I hired, and I expect them to reimburse me for the cost.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Home Warranty Companies in Denton, TX
Boca Raton, FL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Denton.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center