Hiring a professional to install a fence can increase the price of your fencing project, depending on size and the type of fence.
Find Top-Rated Morristown Fence Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Fence Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Fence Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 654 reviews for
Morristown Fence Companies from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Morristown
Building a new wooden deck or fence? You’ll soon be faced with the tough topcoat decision: paint, stain or bare wood?
Dear Angie: What’s involved in restoring and staining a grayed-out fence? – Srinivasa V., Plano, Texas
Underground wood needs protection from moisture, bugs
I would say depends on several things:
1) what % of the job is $400 ?
2) how good is the warranty - against all types of failure, or what - cedar fences usually fail in one of two ways - tornado/hurricane/waves/flood/car collision takes them out, or the posts (if not treated timber) rot out. The fence itself will change color and get fuzzy as it weathers, but should last 15-20 years in most areas.
3) generally, a fence is not something you would pay for a warranty on - if properly put up and with concreted-in copper chromate or copper napthalate treated posts (the green preservative) should last a long time and not need warranty work basically till the fasteners fail or the fence slat boards split too badly.
4) if I was going to spend extra money on a wood fence, it would be for a good quality penetrating sealer, not steel posts.
Fence Company reviews in Morristown
Punctual, big plus for me!
Quick walk of the property, talked through options, discussed plastic vs. cedar fencing, gave me the pros and cons of each along with a general education on work that will be performed. I had some specific dovetailing that needed to be performed to match another fence on the property, was cordial and told me how that would be done. Said he would follow up with a quote in the next few days.
Professional, willing to hear my thoughts, match my other fence to the best of their ability and give his opinion.
I left work and he was still sitting in front of the house reviewing notes in his car. When I arrived home that night, in my mailbox, I found an envelop with the quote for the work, diagram and items we had discussed for his installer. Basically this job was ready to be booked with a phone call and a deposit check.
Thorough and Punctual, a business that does what they say they will, feels right so far.
I coordinate a few other over the next weeks. One from Cleveland Fence. The guy comes out, is a few minutes late, but tells me that he doesn't use 6 inch cedar board, its hard to get and that 4 inch will look fine. Clearly he has purchased 4 inch board and is trying to move his inventory. Make a big deal out of the dovetailing that needs to be done to match. Doesn't feel right and he says he'll send a quote. 1 week nothing. 2 weeks nothing. 3rd week wife is requesting I get a counter offer so I call every number for them. I get a "ah, yeah, we sent that weeks ago, but let me just email to you again later today, whats your email again?". Rolling eyes I provide it and the quote comes in higher than Reliable. A recommendation for a fence installer from my landscaper, this guy never returns a call for a month, says he has been "out of state". Joke! 3rd quote, won't mention the name but a big fence company is great, bids $300 under Reliable but I went with reviews and personality.
Winter set it, Reliable ended up doing the work in May 2015 and the crew showed up on the day they scheduled, on-time, with enough guys to perform the work in about 4 hours. Cleaned up their wood chips and many compliments from friends and family on the new fence.
Professional craftsmanship performed on-time and on-budget.
Fence Companies in Morristown, TN
Shop Local Fence Company Services in Morristown, TN
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Morristown.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center