Access to trusted reviews, the best Interior Painters and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Mitchell Interior Painting Articles
P.S. This is the second time we used them and were very happy both times.
But the quality, price, detail and communication were very good.
1. They painted in a room I specifically asked them not to paint in since I had my cats in there. They ignored me and painted in there anyway. They let one cat out and trapped it in another room all day. When I told the company owner, he said the worker might not have understood me because he doesn't speak English.
2. A razor sharp knife was left with blade exposed on a leather chair in my living room.
3. Switch and socket covers were not removed when painting. Attempts to remove then resulted in peeling the paint off of the wall in several cases. One electrical socket was completely painted over. I specifically asked them to remove the covers after noticing this extremely basic mistake early in the job. So they removed a few while I was watching. When I
left for work, they went right back to leaving them on and painting around and over the edges of them.
4. Paint on my kitchen cabinets.
5.Painted over door and cabinet hinges.
6.Paint smeared on doorknobs.
7. Paint spots of my hardwood floor and fireplace brick.
8. Wall color paint spots on the ceiling.
9. Painted over a piece of molding I asked them to remove.
10. Shorted wiring behind drywall they installed. This was fixed - eventually.
11. Employees showed up late often. One day an employee showed up by himself at 10 am without paint. His job was to paint. When I contacted the project manager, he asked me to go out and buy it for him. This was after we agreed they would buy the materials for the job and be reimbursed. I was told the employee didn't have enough money. Very poor organization and logistics.
12. I had several doors replaced. When some (not all) of the new doors were installed, the workers decided to change color schemes for me by installing hinges that not only matched nothing in the house, they didn't even match the doorknobs (bronze vs gold or gold vs silver). I went from one color (bronze) in the house to three. I was told the hinges on a new exterior door could not be replaced because they don't come in the color I wanted. This is false. I just replaced them myself with hinges at Home Depot. They also charged me for all the wrong materials they bought.
13. Two closets were painted the wrong color. I wanted white closets - a very standard closet color.
14. I told them the color paint I wanted by showing them half empty 5
Some of the things were eventually fixed. Some were not. It was difficult to find all of the constant sloppy mistakes and errors. Eventually, I just wanted them out of my house. If you don't check their work and complain, you get what you get. There
seemed to be no desire to check their own work and make corrections. I specifically told the workers that if they had any questions to call me. I wrote my name and number on my refrigerator white board. I never received a call. They just did whatever they wanted to do. If you
contradicts what you asked for.
The owner always called me back quickly when I complained. However, this only occasionally resulted in any changes in the behavior of his employees and the quality of work done. After complaining about sloppiness and punctuality, I was told workers
would arrive between 8:30 and 9 am the following day. I left for work at 10 am the next day and never saw them. If you are looking for attention to detail, punctual arrival times, and clear communication - look elsewhere.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Interior Painters in Mitchell, SD
Sioux Falls, SD
Red Hook, NY
Mission Hill, SD
Royal Oak, MI
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Mitchell.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center