Access to trusted reviews, the best Gutter Repair And Installation Companies and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Wynnewood Gutter Repairing Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Wynnewood Gutter Repair And Installation Companies Reviews
Background: We called in late September 2011 for a gutter repair or replacement estimate and the company promptly came out to our home on September 30, 2011. The gutter replacement work ended up being performed on December 7, 2011. Yes, over 2 months elapsed from the company's initial visit to the date the work was performed. Note: the job took 3-4 hours to complete.
(1) To the company's credit, each of the individuals, including
(2) The quality of the work was fantastic and the price seemed reasonable given the workmanship.
(3) The team did an excellent job of cleaning up - when we arrived home, you could not tell that anyone had been at the house that day to replace gutters.
1) The company's business model created inefficiencies: It took 3 visits (pre-estimate visit, an estimate visit, and then another visit) in order for us to sign an official contract to have the work performed. This approach lengthened the sales process and inconvenienced us by having to be home several times before the work was done. Most contractors come out once to provide an estimate and the customer can mail or fax a signed estimate back if they are in agreement with the terms.
2) Lack of information/communication from the company: Each time we called the company, a friendly receptionist would answer the phone, but they never seemed to have any information at their fingertips. For example, we were told we would receive a phone call "a day or so" before our scheduled work would be done to finalize logistics. When no one contacted us, we called the day before to verify that our work would be done the next day. The receptionist was not able to tell us this information. This seemed odd to us - do the receptionists not have access to a customer relationship management system or
We called back on the day of the scheduled work just to make sure they were still arriving after 1pm because one of us needed to leave work early to be there. Again, the receptionist could not provide us with any information. When my wife came home early at 1pm, she was surprised to see that the work had already been done! We received no call from the team that day indicating that they were coming early and we were surprised the receptionist was not aware of this even as we called that morning to verify the time the team would be coming out. My wife ended up leaving work early for no reason.
3) Inaccurate information and products provided: Our intial salesman was very friendly, professional, and seemed very experienced. He worked with us on the price early in the process and we even asked about the company doing two other side projects - one being a storm door installation. The salesman provided us with a "roadmap" of the sales/work process and an estimate/information on the storm doors we could choose from. Unfortunately, after following up with the company to check on the scheduling of our work, we were told the "roadmap" our salesman provided us was not totally accurate and that the storm door models he offered would not even work with our existing door frame. At that point, we decided to only focus on the gutter replacement work.
Summary: We could have walked away at any time and given our business to someone else. We understand things happen and gave the company a shot to redeem themselves with the gutter replacement work. They did a fantastic job on the gutters - we just wish that our experience wasn't so frustrating at every turn in the process. We cannot remember ever having such a frustrating and lengthy process for something so "
got the job done so quickly and everything was perfect. The gutters were cleaned, repaired and beautiful. During the work
I can't say enough good things. Definitely hire these guys if you need work done.
All Gutter Repair And Installation Companies in Wynnewood, PA
West Chester, PA
New Castle, DE
Merion Station, PA