Access to trusted reviews, the best Plumbers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Norristown Plumbing Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Norristown Plumbers Reviews
Anyway, the plumber arrived shortly after and took a look and said they usually charge $450 for toilet installation; but since the old one is already removed, they will charge $400. I was a little shocked of the high price. Since the plumber is already here, I will get charged $79 even if I declined for them to do the job; so called the owner and negotiated the price down. He insisted that this is the
Now for the good part, the plumber is very nice and professional. Didn't rush the job since I paid less. He did the installation carefully (took 30 minutes for the whole process) and the toilet worked great. He is also pretty patient and answered my questions during the installation.
So, overall, I think they are probably good for bigger jobs since the warranty sounds nice; for smaller things like toilet installation, the price seems high to me.
To the Provider's Response:
1) The parts I had was mismatched for the previous plumber, which is why he couldn't finish the job. We got the correct parts after that, so there is no mismatched parts when your plumber came. So it is a very straight forward install. (probably easier than a regular install since the old toilet was already removed).
2) The point I am trying to make is when I called for a quote, be a little up front. I mentioned several times that the other plumbers are quoting me $175-200 on the phone, which is apparently way below your standard rate. You probably have good reason to charge that rate which is fine, but you should just let me know then that the estimate is much higher than what I have in mind and save both of us some trouble."
Now the not so nice part, when I first made the appointment, I was quoted the price of $115 for the first hour and $85 for the 2nd hour, etc. I was under the assumption that the first hour is more expensive but includes the travel time already. But when the tech gave me the bill, he initially said it's 2 hours. (He arrived at 8:50am and we are done around 9:45am). I was shocked and he said they started counting the time when they leave the prior job or the office. So they basically will charge for the travel time. This was never mentioned to me and frankly doesn't make much sense. Given that no one knows how long it takes for the tech to travel between jobs, the first hour may actually just be 30 minutes of actual work. Talked to the office and they agree to just charge for the hour. So just keep that in mind when you schedule a job with them so that there is no misunderstanding when the bill comes.
Also, even though the toilet set we bought already has the wax ring and screws included; the tech used his own and charged us for that. It's not much, just around $10, but not sure why the included ones are not used.
Given the mixed experience, not sure if I will use them again.
They gave us an estimate of $696.00
When the plumber came out to do the work (a different person than the one who gave the estimate) he arrived with the the same type of double bowl sink that we already had. We explained to him that the only reason we wanted the sink to be replaced was to get rid of the double bowl and replace it with a single bowl.
The plumber was very considerate and apologized for the mix up. He said that he would return with the correct sink the following day. He then proceeded to the fix the toilet and found that the original installation was faulty. After he removed the toilet, he pointed out that the toilet was not secured to the floor properly. He had to crawl under the the house to beneath the bathroom from the crawlspace entrance to secure two carriage bolts through the toilet flange on and reinforce it with a 2 x 4 to the frame of the house. He then put the toilet back and it has been secure ever since.
The following day he returned with the single bowl sink we wanted and had it installed in no time. The charge was exactly what we were quoted although because of the mix up it took longer than we originally planned.
I would hire these guys again. They did good work and 2 years later I have no complaints."
I implore you: read ALL of the reviews for "
All Plumbers in Norristown, PA
Haddon Heights, NJ