Access to trusted reviews, the best Patio Pavers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Tulsa Hardscaping Articles
Hardscaping reviews in Tulsa
They removed the decades-old azaleas and monkey grass and replanted various new shrubs. In a perfect world the landscape designer would engineer a drawing and go from there. I didn't see the need for that so we just sketched some stuff out and went for it. In the end, I think we got just as good a product by winging it and letting
This is purely my opinion, but I think they may have mixed in a little too much fertilizer/manure when they reworked the soil. A lot of the plants exhibited some burning rather quickly which makes me think they got some root burn. They all are coming out of it, but there was definitely a pull-back on 90% of the landscaping within the first couple of weeks. But that appears to have halted and I'm seeing some new growth appear from the soil upwards. I would say it is more than just transplant shock.
We were very pleased with all respects of working with Mr.
1. I paid more than I should have for the landscaping part (removal of dirt and new enhanced soil for flower beds). Plus, I paid for weed fabric under all the beds but I discovered on one section they had used the plastic wrap which the pavers had come in. I called three times but Dawn only returned my call when I left a message saying I would be calling the BBB since no one had returned my call. She actually returned that call within a few minutes and said they would be out soon to take care of the problem. I was out of town at the time but she did call afew weeks later to say the problem had been fixed. However, when I did return home, I discovered the plastic was still there! I called again and told her she would have to come fix it when I was home so I could watch them fix the problem, but she came while I was gone. I checked an area and it appeared to be fixed.
2. Her husband built some benches for the patio but when they were being installed she said it cost more than they had originally thought so I had to pay $300 more (yes, I realize I shouldn't have paid it - afterwards!). Dawn told me I would need to stain/refinish the benches maybe every 3 years , but after the first year I can tell they need refinishing.
3. They were supposed to leave the leftover pavers for me since I had paid for them but I was left with only 1 paver; yes, only 1 paver.
Overall, I feel like Dawn took advantage of the fact that I was not very knowledgeable on this subject because I had never hired contractors for a job this big before. Plus, any work that she and her husband performed (aka The Owners) was subpar compared to the wonderful work her crew did on laying the pavers.
If you decide to hire this company, you will need to go over the quote with a fine tooth comb and be there to supervise every bit of the work (except the pavers) to be sure it is done right. I would never use them again because I don't feel they are trustworthy nor reliable.”
The week following the show,
The landscaping took a day and went well.
Update 7/12/2012: About 5 or 6 Azalas, a few other plants and a Dogwood tree have died and I have contacted
Update 8/6/12: A few more plants/shrubs have died (probably due to the extreme heat). I'm having another company redo quite a bit of the flower bed that
Update 9/25/2012: About 50% of the plants/shrubs died. The rest I had replanted by another company as a part of a complete backyard makeover. I never heard another word from
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Patio Pavers in Tulsa, OK
Broken Arrow, OK
Tinley Park, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Tulsa.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center