A New York interior designer shares details on restoring a vintage table lamp.
Find Top-Rated Dayton Antique Stores
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Antique Stores to Avoid
Top Rated Antique Stores
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Antique Stores and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Instant Community AccessAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Dayton
Seeing pieces similar to your own on PBS’ “Antiques Roadshow” feels exciting, especially when an expert gives one a high dollar value.
Businesses thrive on salvaging antiques and architectural treasures
Tempted to give that treasure a "facelift"? Antiques' value may increase or decrease, so plan wisely!
Keep checking around at the auction houses and antique dealers. There are a few in your area that are highly rated. The bigger auction houses should have qualified appraisers. You might also check with your local art museum or fine art gallery. Just like we recommend for big home repair projects, shop around to get the best price.
I found out the hard way in the military that it depends on the product. Some silver polishes will turn brass and copper black with instant tarnish and etch them, so check the label. Some types can be used for any soft metal, some not. I suspect it depends on the pH of the product, or whether it has aommonia in it. And of course if you do decide to try it, do the center bottom (where it sits on the table) first so you can see if it is causing problems.
Brasso is probably the top name in the industry - they make both liquid and treated cloth polishing products both for specific metals, and general polishing ones.
This is Kyle K in Member Care. Thanks for your interest in Angie's List!
We'll be happy to help find top rated service providers, but it doesn't look like you have a subscription to the List yet. You can join by visiting www.angieslist.com or by giving us a call at 1.866.783.2980. Our call center is available 8:00 am-9:00 pm weekdays and 8:00-5:00 pm ET on Saturdays. If you join online, you can save 20% on an annual plan by using the promo code ANSWERS.
Thanks for your question and we look forward to assisting you!
Antique Stores in Dayton, OH
Shop Local Antique Store Services in Dayton, OH
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Dayton.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center