Tired of hard water stains clouding your glass shower door? It takes diligence, but it is possible to keep a glass shower door clean. Find out how.
Find Top-Rated Athens Water Softener Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Water Softener Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Water Softener Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 30% of Athens Water Softener Companies are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Athens Water Softener Companies
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 482 reviews for
Athens Water Softener Companies from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Water Softener Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Athens
You just bought a home that came with an unused water softener. How do you turn it on? One highly rated provider breaks down the process in five easy steps.
Do water softeners need routine maintenance? Many are fully automatic, but others might need service if there's a noticeable difference in water quality.
Softening your water can bring with it a whole host of benefits, but here are three things you’ll notice improving right away when you make the switch.
I actually just replaced my Pelican Natursoft "water softener" with an more-traditional ion exchange model. I used the natursoft for a little over 4 years, and I can say it worked as advertised. When remodeling a while back we decided to get a tankless water heater. All the documentation indicated that hard water with the tankless heater is a no go. We had to do somehting, but since I'm lazy (didn't want to deal with the salt or plumbing in a drain) and my wife didn't like soft water, the salt-free model looked attractive. I too was somewhat skeptical, but the reviews I found looked good, and I know enough about the science of nucleation (I was a material science major in college) to know that what they said made sense, so I bought one.
One thing needs to be made clear - the natursoft system is NOT a water softener! It contains a media which nucleates some disolved metalic salts out of solution. These crystals, once formed, remain in the water, and still react with oils, detergents, etc. in the same manner as the disolved salts. They also continue to form scale wherever water is allowed to evaporate, such as faucet nozels and shower heads. In fact, it's possible that evaporative scaling was even worse than before we installed the system.
Importantly, however, once in crystaline form, these salts do not stick to pipes, or in my case, heat-exchangers. My tankless heater has a sensor to indicate when it needs to be descaled, and the manual indicates that for my water hardness and hot water use I should have had to descale approximately every 6 months. In four years with the natursoft the descaleing indicator has never gone off. For further evidence, when I installed my new softener a few weeks ago, I had to cut sections from the copper pipe on both the inlet and outlet side of the natursoft. Both sections of pipe were installed at the same time as the natursoft, but while the pipe on the inlet side was green and rough on the inside, the outlet pipe looked and felt like new.
As such, if you want or need a salt-free system for some reason (low-sodium diet for blood pressure, don't like the feel of soft water, can't easily plumb a drain into the softener location, or can't carry heavy bags of salt to the softener), then I can unequivocably recommend the natursoft. If, like my wife and I today, you want soft water, that feels soft on your skin, creates less soap scum, rinses cleaner in the dishwasher, etc., then the natursoft probably isn't for you.
Water Softener Installation And Repair reviews in Athens
They responded to us in a timely manner and installation could not have gone more smoothly. Very, VERY happy with the final product. The price was a little more than we were hoping to spend, but the setup should last us 18+ years. Definitely worth the investment. Showers are much more pleasant. Dishes are cleaner with no hard water buildup. Well worth it!
1. I called to get an estimate to put in a water heater if I purchased one at Home Depot that would earn me the $200 energy rebate, plus I'd get a veterans discount of 10%. Money is a very big concern because I'm going into the hospital for 2 months and the owner knew it.
2. Long story short,
3. I decided to go with
4. Her service personnel arrive, 2 guys that seem very nice. They say I need more work that originally estimated because pipes need replaced. They mentioned a pipe I already knew had been replaced as well with a copper line, I had to prove it had already been done by pulling original work receipts from 1998. They created additional work by saying the house needed an entire pressure gauge because the house didn't have one and that too much pressure damages the water heater and this would take the cost to the $1700 range. So, I said OK, because I felt like I didn't have a choice but to go along with them since they were already into the job.
5. Long story short, lines were replaced, water heater replaced. Got the final bill at $1824, which was up from $1500 & estimated $1700 for
Bad things that happened:
1. Receipt from
1. PG&E denied the energy rebate, water heater doesn't qualify, I had went ahead and sent in the rebate form with pictures and model/sn # (lie #4 from
2. Original estimate at $1500 included line being replaced, price changed 2 more times. (lie #5 & #6, #7 from
3. Water Pressure set too Low, had to get them to come back to put at minimum according a home plumber site (lie #1 from workers). And they still would not admit that it too was too low. There wasn't enough pressure to take a decent shower anymore.
4. I now think the house never needed the additional plumbing work to get a whole house water pressure valve, which required all new
5. I did the garage cleanup for the most part myself, the workers said they were done and hadn't bother to clean up the debris left from the old water heater, misc copper pipe debris and wood debris and just mud dragged in from job.
6. Workers took it on themselves without my permission to give my old water heater to a neighbor to get money at the scrap metal shop (which I could of done and needed every dime). When I asked where the old one was, they said said we gave it away and never bothered to check with me.
All in all, the work was done well, but it was a "S***" and "EXPENSIVE" experience that I wish to not repeat again. And, I have no warranty on the water heater, because I do not have the receipt! And,
He negotiated a price we could afford and a payment schedule we could live with by, I think, working our project in among others already on his calendar. He did come out in all weather (sometimes quite cold and rainy) to work on the outdoor elements of the system on the days promised, if usually much later than the time promised. He spent a great deal of time adjusting one regulator switch til it worked perfectly.
Though the initial large project caused us some inconvenience, we appreciate
All Water Softener Companies in Athens, OH
Shop Local Water Softener Installation And Repair Services in Athens, OH
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Athens.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center