Ask Angie: Angie's List founder Angie Hicks offers advice on sealing a driveway.
Find Top-Rated Westchester County Asphalt Driveway Contractors
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 3 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Asphalt Driveway Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Instant Community AccessAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Westchester County
Using recycled asphalt is a common practice among contractors.
Cracks are inevitable on asphalt driveways. But a quick repair can add to your home's curb appeal.
Whether hiring out or doing it yourself, blacktop sealer can prolong the life of your driveway.
Generally about $1-3/SF (note - measured by SF, not SY) - $1 range is for a 1 to 1/2-2 inch overlay, $2.50-3.00 range normal for two 2" layers for a new driveway or a rebuild (remove and replace) you really want to last.
Most people pay around $2/SF for a 2-3" thickness.
If the state requires a contractor's license, then he needs to have a license in each state he intends to work in - plus state/local business licenses as applicable.
This does not mean there are not a lot of contractors who cross state lines without proper licensing - the penalties in may cases are not real severe and are just a fine, not criminal, so many take the chance.
As you say - argh - many contractors are not really businessmen and have zero legal education, so many people get burned.
Asphalt Driveway Contractors in Westchester County, NY
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Westchester County.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center