Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Builders and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Queensbury Home Building Articles
information in the reports.
The inspections did not uncover errors in the construction of the dwelling on Lonesome Rd that should have been obvious to a qualified inspection. These include:
1. The vertical steel in the foundation walls was placed approximately 24” on center, while the plans and geotechnical
Investigation called for steel placed between 6 and 8” on center.
3. The back fill type is not correct and installation was not in accordance with the plans.
4. There is an extra footer across an area way.
5. The mechanical drains were improperly placed.
6. The plans called out for the designer of the foundation to perform the foundation inspection.
These result in:
1. The foundation walls being undersized for the soil conditions at the site which could, at some future date, result in failure of the wall and lead to property and personal damages.
3. Increased pressure on the walls increasing the possibility of wall failure.
4. Creation of a water basin around the house which prevents proper drainage of the water away from the house. This has resulted in the flooding of the basement at every major storm.
5. The extra footer adds a stress line for the basement slab. The slab has crackedacross this line.
6. The mechanical drains prevent the proper drainage of the basement and results in standing water which has caused
problems with mold and mildew. This increases the possibility of a personal medical condition.
What he built is solid with little touches like routed edges. We are so happy with the work. It is exactly what we discussed and wanted.
Price came in several thousand dollars under estimate.
of the green contractors.
We are looking to resolve these issues starting with the most basic and urgent first: 1. Mold in Garage - mold on the wall separating the two garage doors needs to be remediated and repaired along with finding the root cause of its presence. Keep in mind this was an issue
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Home Builders in Queensbury, NY
Castleton On Hudson, NY
Clifton Park, NY
Fort Ann, NY
Ballston Spa, NY
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Queensbury.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center