Smart engineers helped this rooftop solar project shine.
Find Top-Rated Port Jefferson Station Solar Panel Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Solar Panel Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Solar Panel Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,181 reviews for
Port Jefferson Station Solar Panel Companies from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Solar Panel Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Port Jefferson Station
Thinking of installing solar panels? Here are some payment options to consider.
Homeowners should install green energy before the end of 2016 for a 30 percent tax credit.
For wind power to work well in a residential setting, it needs much space and a free-flowing breeze.
Are you talking about powering your home solely on solar (i.e. no back up power source or off grid).
The power, once convered from DC to AC via the inverter, is suitable for use by the home.
Most solar application are in supplement to the current powering of the home and will spin the meter back in the day but are not the primary.
OK - that should strike Atlantic Plumbing off your vendor list !
You say female pipe to copper pipe connection - I hope you are not saying they connected copper directly to galvanized or black iron pipe. If so, there should have been a dielectric union put in there to prevent corrosion, which could be part of your problem.
Also, generally a bad idea to use teflon tape for hot water tank connections - too much thermal cycling, loosens it up over time. Should use plumbers dope for that application.
It sounds to me like a connection problem - if the tank itself was leaking it should be flooding the top of the tank or more likely running down through the insulation and dripping out the bottom.
Unless you are a do it yourselfer, sounds like you need to find a new plumber with good reviews and rating in your area - Search the List (in green banner bar). This should be an easy fix - should have him put in dielectric couplings (about $5-10 each depending on pipe size) if current connection is iron to copper, and even if not, have him redo connection not only for cold but also hot water - if one was done poorly, probably both were.
Solar Panel Installation reviews in Port Jefferson Station
At this juncture, I would like to ask why you decided not to move forward. Was it me? Was it the company? Was it the product? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards,
THE PROBLEM IS YOU, THE COMPANY, AND HOW WOULD I KNOW ABOUT THE PRODUCT? I NEVER GOT A
Three of the
1) The over statement of total power production. We have never achieved the wattage they said we would achieve.
2) The Production Metering device was a $1000.00 option at the time of sell. They sent one out FREE OF CHARGE almost 12 month's later. Interesting that the Manufacture's Rate of Production begins to decline at the 12 month
3) The over statement of current SREC Pricing. Our SRECs have been selling for less then half what was advertized.
1) The array mount points were not sealed properly which resulted in water pentration.
2) They also damaged our roof - broken boards resulted in many slow leaks that contiue to be discovered to this day.
3) The work was completed several months after they said it would.
4) Installation was done in manner that caused difficulties during our roof replacement this past
The first time, our roof leaked onto our bed in the middle of the night (the night before we were supposed to leave for Christmas with our family - a trip which had to be cancelled), we called our insurance company and they came out to inspect the roof (it had been a rainy and windy night). The inspector's assessment was that the panels had been installed improperly and the leaks were due to the poor workmanship. Several days of attempting to contact the solar panel company resulted in no reply. Only after a personal visit was made to their office along with photographic evidence and verbal promise to seek the council of a lawyer did they send their own inspector. Said inspector, said that it was likely our chimneys not the solar panels. Desipte "their" inspector's findings they agreed to pay for the damages. Payment was only obtained after repeated follow-ups were made.
We later learned that we were far from the only people that had been victimized by this company.
During the Summer of 2015, we had enough and put on a new roof. We called REC for a quote to removed and reinstall the panels. We also called the manufacturer of our solar panels for a recommendation. It was during this call that we discovered Solar World refuses to sell their panels to REC at this time. Solar World's recommended company came in $1000.00 under REC and won the job.
The recommended company agreed that our panels had been poorly installed, and they explained what they would do differently (better footers, closer to the roof, wiring through the roof rather than over the
Wish we had used Solar World's recommended company the first time. Better service and a better price!
Solar Panel Companies in Port Jefferson Station, NY
Port Jefferson Station
Port Jefferson Station
Port Jefferson Station
Long Island City
New York City
Long Island City
Shop Local Solar Panel Installation Services in Port Jefferson Station, NY
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Port Jefferson Station.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center