One highly rated provider shares six reasons that many seniors choose not to get a medical alert system and offers helpful advice on the process.
Find Top-Rated Johnstown Medical Alert Systems
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Medical Alert Systems to Avoid
Top Rated Medical Alert Systems
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 6,531 reviews for
Johnstown Medical Alert Systems from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Medical Alert Systems and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Johnstown
Our elderly family members are at an increased risk for suffering a fall in their home. One highly rated provider shares five ways to help prevent these falls.
The American Ambulance Association partners with a software firm to create a system that uses a personal identification number to allow emergency workers to access patient health information.
Medical Alert System reviews in Johnstown
1)They sent a defective system: a landline, didn't work....
then we had to wait approx. a week for the replacement one ( wireless)..thank goodness no emergency!!
2) then the paper work arrived. Information we had given them on the phone was incorrect,such as: emergency telephone numbers, contact names....(very important-life saving stuff here)...had to be corrected & mailed back
(&...... just so you know: 2-way communication from the panic button....doesn't exist.
4) the lock, to be used in an emergency never made it....we had to call & request it be mailed...REALLY??
5) my mother would walk into another room in her house..(approx. 5 feet) and we would do a test & one test we did, it took "15" minutes for a response....we contacted the company...they were sending her a new one...never received it!! A few weeks later....
6) well....my mother fell & guess what??? she was okay BUT the system failed her...it failed "all of us!". She was wearing her panic button, (the necklace) and it "does" have fall detection, & she even pressed her button, but the medical alarm call center never responded!! Later, my sister tried it & it didn't work.
7) so in the matter of, I guess approx 8 weeks, we have given them the benefit of the doubt...till today!! My sister called them today & we are done!! She requested a credit on my mothers account for returning the system to them. ( she had paid for a year in advance)... "They", (she spoke to 3 different sales persons), advised us to mail it back with approx. $365.00 on insurance & to include a tracking number...all at "our" expense!!!!! AND they were refusing to credit her account and pressuring my sister to not cancel.She ended a call with them..after one of them stated to her, "do you not want to make sure your mom is safe?? don't you care about your mother??...
Well, we "do" care about the well-being & safety of our mother & that is precisely why we have returned it. We will be continuing to check her account to see if she has been credited (we have to wait for them to receive it first)...and if it doesn't happen... we will be contacting the better business bureau and filing a complaint.
We have experienced unscrupulous sales tactics, overcharging of fees, high pressure techniques, sales call harassment from
I conclude: HELLO...anyone there??....help me.......I have fallen
Medical Alert Systems in Johnstown, NY
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Johnstown.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center