Building a new wooden deck or fence? You’ll soon be faced with the tough topcoat decision: paint, stain or bare wood?
Find Top-Rated Toms River Driveway Gate Installers
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Driveway Gate Installers to Avoid
Top Rated Driveway Gate Installers
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,490 reviews for
Toms River Driveway Gate Installers from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Driveway Gate Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Toms River
Homeowners have many options for fences to block of their yards. But before you choose the fencing material consider all of the options for your yard.
Chicken wire rarely looks this good
Houston roofing complaint | Contractor claims leaks are coming from plumbing, not roof.
I would say depends on several things:
1) what % of the job is $400 ?
2) how good is the warranty - against all types of failure, or what - cedar fences usually fail in one of two ways - tornado/hurricane/waves/flood/car collision takes them out, or the posts (if not treated timber) rot out. The fence itself will change color and get fuzzy as it weathers, but should last 15-20 years in most areas.
3) generally, a fence is not something you would pay for a warranty on - if properly put up and with concreted-in copper chromate or copper napthalate treated posts (the green preservative) should last a long time and not need warranty work basically till the fasteners fail or the fence slat boards split too badly.
4) if I was going to spend extra money on a wood fence, it would be for a good quality penetrating sealer, not steel posts.
Driveway Gate Installation reviews in Toms River
They started by setting up a giant fan and umbrella as it was 102 degrees and this job was directly in the sun. In other words, they know exactly what they are doing. Then they heated and actually bent (to straighten the slight 3/8" offset) a 4" square gate support post. That aligned the gate. Then they welded it to the other 4" gate support. They removed the Liftmaster POS opener and made the resulting defect look like new. They installed the Nice actuator-style opener, programmed it and 3 remotes and a keypad, assured smooth operation, spent 15 minutes with me detailing operation, and cleaned the job site which included taking away the POS which is good as I hope I never see it again! He reviewed all maintenance like change the battery in 4 years, and showed me exactly how to program the keypad to change the code if I ever need to.
The gate operates smoothly and perfectly, noting it has been one day. We will see if it stands the test of time but it is a very solid, correctly done installation that is much different than the 3 prior ones I've had done on this gate, all of which have failed.
Nothing is perfect, and if I didn't come up with something to criticize, then what use would a review be? There are 2 small adhesive-backed felt pads he put on the gate stop to cushion the closure. He pointed out that those might water-log and need to be replaced in about 2 years. He suggested I put some silicone sealant around them. Why he didn't just do that is a mystery.
So that's so minor it is unimaginably picayune, and I'm just trying to illustrate that this job was a close to perfect as any job could be, and I am very skeptical/particular. I've had many jobs of this type done on this house and others, and
He was on time, courteous, polite, respectful, prepared, knowledgeable, and probably most important of all, RESPONSIVE! He answers emails, texts, and phone calls. He has clearly achieved superior expertise in this field.
When the week came the concrete contractor had the ground at level and I needed
Two more weeks go buy and the post team set an appointment for Thursday, I call off work and wait for them. At 400 they call, something came up. The next day they show up and I am told that they are not responsible for anything they hit underground. "But don't worry it is all hand dug" I am then also told they will not remove from property the dirt taken for the posts. Of course if I wanted to give the guy extra money he will take care of it. I leave and when I come back a large pile of dirt is sitting on my drive way along with several twisted up sections of sprinkler pipe. Pipe was obviously hit with an auger. Time it took to shovel all the dirt into my truck and take it to the dump was several hours. $27 dollar dump fee and $20 to wash the seagull crap off my truck after. Then another 5 hours to fix all the sprinkler pipe dug up.
I called the salesman. He said it was standard practice to leave the dirt. According to him all fence companies do that, I did not check but I cannot imagine that is true. My last fence did not come with a pile of dirt in my driveway. After I complained the salesman knocked $30 off the bill. Not worth it.
A week after the posts were installed the team that puts the fence and gate parts together came. The fence actually looks pretty nice and the gates work perfectly. The only problem is on one section they cut the slats too low and there is a gap between the top rail and the slats about a finger width and about 3' long. I sent pictures to the salesman and called him. He said someone will be right out to fix it. That was June 29th. As of
tldr; company was unprofessional. Treated me like they were doing me a favor. Could not keep an appointment and, so far, have not fixed their mistakes. If I knew how to attach pictures I would. The fence will be nice when it is fixed, sturdy and looks good. I just don't like how I was treated. I intentionally did not go with the low bid to avoid just this kind of thing. You should know that removing the dirt will cost you extra money and 100' of fence was a pick-up full of dirt. If you don't mind this kind of treatment at least save money and go with a lower priced company.
Driveway Gate Installers in Toms River, NJ
Little Egg Harbor Twp
Little Egg Harbor
Little Egg Harbor Twp
Point Pleasant Beach
Avon By The Sea
Point Pleasant Beach
Point Pleasant Beach
Egg Harbor Township
West New York
Shop Local Driveway Gate Installation Services in Toms River, NJ
- Landscaping CompaniesGreen's Masters Diversified Landscaping LLCMember Price$1350 $1500VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Toms River.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center