Just about every driver will be faced with a dead car battery at some point. Here's a few easy steps to properly use jumper cables to jump-start your car.
Find Top-Rated Ocean Auto Stores
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Auto Stores to Avoid
Top Rated Auto Stores
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,207 reviews for
Ocean Auto Stores from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Auto Stores and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Ocean
Your day can turn cloudy when your car's sunroof fails to work.
While old-school halogen still rules the road, LED headlights are becoming more popular.
Buying a new car is a big investment. Researching your available options will make you a better consumer.
Auto Store reviews in Ocean
When I was FINALLY able to get a service manager on the phone after 3 tries and nearly 20 minutes on hold I asked for an explanation regarding the vehicle. The very brusque reply was "yeah...you need a new motor" followed by silence. Upon further prodding they described the first thing they did was "started it up and got a cloud of smoke, and the engine seized". They then proceed to postulate that it was because the oil plug was finger loose.....from and oil change 2000 MILES PRIOR (not at a dealership). They claimed there was oil covering the undercarriage from the motor to the back bumper as part of their evidence to back this ridiculous theory (never had low oil light or sign of leak on garage floor). I expressed my doubts and was referred to call
I asked that the service manager take pictures of the described undercarriage mess and he refused saying he didn't have time. I prodded further and he attempted to placate me by lying and saying he would have the tech do it and email to me. As you may expect the pictures never materialized.
The mangers from the facility that changed the oil called
After that initial conversation I never had any other communication from the dealership. Not. One. Call.
After taking the vehicle (my expense) to a REPUTABLE dealer the story was quite different. While the plug was conveniently loose the was NO EVIDENCE of leaking on the undercarriage. Turns out the wrong oil filter was placed leading to low oil pressure. Not Chryslers fault, but easily found by a decent, honest and reputable dealer after a few hours of investigation.
My multiple phone calls to
1. Trying to get in touch with them originally was an exercise in near futility. The receptionist admitted she kept calling the service dept "but they won't pick up'. No one seemed to care or find this behavior abnormal
2. Service department manager was not professional dealing with me or the oil change company.
3. Service department clearly lied about their findings (perhaps the reason they refused to take pictures).
4. Service department made no effort to look for other problems/causes.
5.They started a vehicle BEFORE checking anything, oil, etc, leading to a seized engine. They originally admitted this to myself and to
6. They refused to work with a company that was trying to do the right thing and assess their responsibility in the matter.
6.They never once attempted to make contact with me again.
At this point I can only surmise that perhaps the entire loose oil plug story was manufactured to cover for starting a vehicle with no oil pressure before doing even a cursory exam of said vehicle.
I would suggest going anywhere else in the state of GA, or the country for that matter to avoid this dealership.
PS- the oil change company stepped up without issue when the investigation revealed the wrong filter was placed. It could have been that
Auto Stores in Ocean, NJ
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Ocean.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center