Access to trusted reviews, the best Sprinkler Systems and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Jersey City Irrigation System Articles
Irrigation System reviews in Jersey City
that did not survive the winter. It was based upon this guarantee by
of the install. I ascertained that
was getting ready to go out of town for nearly three weeks. While I was gone, my daughter noticed dead grass & called
the dead sod & not the mostly dead sod. Had the installation been in the Spring as I had preferred, we might have changed our minds or
he was the Manager. I then asked multiple times to speak to the owner & he denied me access. I then said fine, thanked him for his time, hung up on him & called back. To woman I spoke with said
apologized for him. She stated she had to smooth things over before with other customers. We discussed the situation & she asked that I wait until it got hot weather in. I agreed if she would have someone come out on Monday to look at what I was
talking about. She agreed. No one came. No one called. It is now
SOD HISTORY: I have personally installed sod before. I know how it is supposed to be done & what good sod looks like. Had I known that
1. The old sod was not prepared as
questioned the crew the next day as to whether the old grass was dead enough & whether the grass
2. The sod they brought was thin & seedy, had lots of weeds, soil base very thin, edges dwindled off with no sharp edges,
& many were also in pieces. [I questioned the crew & they said that it was ‘end-of-the-season sod’, but that it would be ok.]
3. Some of the sod that was installed was significantly colored different. [I questioned
4. The incorrect amount of sod was delivered & they had to get more. The additional sod was full, lush, square edges & had a thick soil base. It looked like the sod that my husband & I had installed years ago. [When I questioned the crew as to the difference, they stated it came from a different farm & that by spring the whole lawn would look the same].
5. The installation was done incorrectly. Installation was very loose checkerboard with holes filled in with bits & pieces of scrap sod. Sometimes it was really just the green part & no roots or soil. Correct installation should be in brick fashion which eliminates the straight lines I now have going throughout my back yard. These lines are especially noticeable where the edges of the sod are
thin & uneven & where the sod has died. [I questioned the crew at the time about the holes & the lines & the bits & pieces and, again, they said it would be okay.]
7. I followed
8. Our lawn treatment company came out and asked why the grass had not been treated for pre-emergence. They did not agree with
CURRENT LANDSCAPE CONDITION: 1) Dead sod by the fence, bottom of the deck stairs, by the pool gate, in the lawn itself,
2) Different types of sod pieces, 3) Lawn surface has lines throughout and is uneven, and 4) Multiple shrubs mostly dead OR barely surviving.
LOOKED FOR OUTCOMES: Phone call and Replacement of dead plantings.
If you are reading this negative review it is because
The sprinklers use to cover 90% of my lawn and hit my cars and driveway and road.
How they cover 98% of my lawn, don't hit the cars, and hit the driveway and road very little.
Now I can set up the timer from the nice, air conditioned inside of my house! The timer is a good quality and east to use.
Everything was done like I wanted it.
I don't know how anybody who has to work hard for their money gives any company an A for price. Just my thoughts. I don't like giving my money to anybody...
This is a 15 year relationship as they did our first house 15 years ago.
I have decided that he is a well kept secret and I will be providing him all of my future work. At last someone who knows what he is doing and is interested in building a healthy customer base.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Sprinkler Systems in Jersey City, NJ
South Amboy, NJ
Toms River, NJ
Toms River, NJ
North Babylon, Ny
Staten Island, NY
Massapequa Park, NY
Shop Local Irrigation System Services in Jersey City, NJ
- Sprinkler SystemsGREG TANZER SPRINKLERS AND OUTDOOR DESIGNMember Price$2499 $4000VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Jersey City.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center