Access to trusted reviews, the best Roofing Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Wilmington Roofing Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Wilmington Roofing Contractors Reviews
Rather than discuss this proposal with her children, my mother agreed to the proposal and wrote a check. The contractor and his crew would be back the next day to do the work outlined. The next day, the contractor did not return, stating inclement weather as the reason for his delay. He said he would be on the site at 9am on the third day. By 11am on Day 3, he had not shown up with his crew nor had he called. He finally showed up about 11:45am with his crew and proceeded to work.
Work was 'completed' later that afternoon and the contractor wanted to collect the remaining portion of the contract. On a whim, my father called his bank to determine if the first check had been cashed. Not only was it cashed the first day but my mother unwittingly wrote the check for the full amount and as one might imagine, the contractor did not bring this to her attention. And he didn't bring that to the attention of my father after he received the balance due of $600. Had my parents' helper not been able to get the second check back, the job would have actually cost $2400.
Based on what we have been able to determine, very little work was performed at all, and that which was performed was certainly not worth $1800. This individual preys on the goodwill and innocence of the elderly. It is classic flimflam work by a group of ragamuffins who should be ashamed of themselves.
The final price was right on the estimate. No surprises is good when undertaking a job such as this.
At my insistence, he also evaluated a sister issue of window replacement we have been considering - in which his company also specializes. At my request, he gave us a written estimate of the cost of replacing two windows - which, again, are not immediate issues, but are important to be fully assessed so one knows where to put them on one's To Do List !
Really wonderful to get this assessment in our house records, so that it may take it's place at Budget Time talks.
* NOT TRUSTWORTHY AND BECOMES CONDENSCENDING AND JUVENILE WHEN QUESTIONED AND HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
* The local office is only a satellite office to obtain jobs in the local area. The owner and crews are in and come from the
* Contracts are super generic, so make sure you add lines to fill in any blanks, ie date of bid, job date or expectancy, date of expected completion, signatures. (we learned the hard way on this one)
* The only offer a pamphlet with one inch squared samples for color matching, so we chose the basic silver.
* Will make you pay up front for material costs. We gave the local sales rep $4000.00 on 22 November 2011 and have yet to see even one piece of roofing material.
* Will not refund any money since he claims to not have a working capital to do so and all funds go into buying our materials.
We finally received a lumber pack early this morning after I gave him a time deadline and an ultimatum. It will be interesting to see how long it sits in my front yard before someone shows up to actually do the work. As for me, the insurance company has been contacted and he has been reported for insurance fraud. The lawyer will hear from me on Tuesday. The Better Business Bereau will get my complaint tomorrow and the rest of tonight will be doing the same thing on other rating sites that I am doing now... warning others about this crook!"
All Roofing Contractors in Wilmington, NC
Willow Spring, NC
Carolina Beach, NC