Access to trusted reviews, the best Basement Remodeling Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Mebane Basement Remodeling Articles
Basement Remodeling reviews in Mebane
They used all materials to ensure that the basement will always remain dry and healthy for our family.
The ceiling,walls and floor are completely new.They installed a bamboo floor. The real stuff not the snap in kind. It looks and feels amazing. The walls and ceiling are all sheetrocked and painted. The trim work is impeccable,very neat and clean. He installed a row of
I am a musician and needed cases to store my guitars. He made a wall display case for one of my guitars and trimmed it with a "tiger wood" and constructed it so it is airtight to accomadate the instruments very strict humidity control.It is beautiful.He also constructed a floor display case for all of my other guitars. It has a glass display window and is beautiful to look at.
He also custom made built in cabinets to store things in and to have a glass top to display things on. All the wood used matches my guitar display cases. He is a master carpenter because all the furniture looks like we purchased it in a store.
He is very polite he was always on time. The big thing for us. He did not start other work on another job and juggle us with his other customers. We were his ONLY customer till he finished our project. He made us feel like his only priority. It seems to be the norm for companies to juggle and spin plates while doing work for us.They start our job then leave to start another job then juggle us with another customer. We hate that.
The workers were on-time every day. Over the course of the 6 week project, we got to know each of his workers like they were part of our family. I would have no problem leaving him the keys to our house and giving them full access to work while we were out of town. He is that trustworthy and reliable.
There are few companies out there that truly take pride in their work, and this company is one of them. I couldn't be happier with the whole process. On time, on budget, and phenomenal result.
(1) Fraudulent billing: the company several times presented us with invoices for "progress payments" that were due at the start of various work milestones for work that they knew was not starting and often was not started until many months later after substantial work stoppages--
(a) presented us with invoice in
(b) presented us with invoice in September 2012 (after whole project was supposed to be DONE) for pouring of basement slab, paid within 48 hours: they said work was scheduled to begin following day, but masonry subcontractor came and removed all equipment from site due to non-payment by
(c) presented us in
(2) Denial of basic habitability: we were living in the main part of the house with small children for the duration of this project. When the company began work again in Apr/May 2013 after a prolonged work stoppage (holding the majority of our money for the project due to the fraudulent billing practices above), they removed all radiator heating pipes and air conditioning ductwork for the main house in order to replace joists and relocate ductwork.
(3) Substantial nonperformance on home renovation project: Work still incomplete on home renovation project after 2 years & 3 months. Project was for basement excavation (living space, bedroom, and bathroom), new garage in existing basement, and larger driveway. Work is substantially incomplete—no finished access or stairs to even get to basement space, no toilet/shower/sink installed in bathroom, no garage door (there is just screwed in plywood, and this garage is at the basement level of our house!), HVAC installation not complete, egress window well not complete, no driveway (or rebuilding of the retaining wall
(4) Substantial nonperformance on separate home repair project: We also contracted at the same time for home repairs to main house, which are substantially incomplete: 4 window sashes that
We received another bid for this project from a very reputable local builder that was not substantially more than the bid from
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Basement Remodeling Companies in Mebane, NC
High Point, NC
Walnut Cove, NC
Winston Salem, NC
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Mebane.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center