Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Installers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Matthews Fencing Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Matthews Fence Installers Reviews
1) An excellent job of cleaning out 100+ feet of Ivy that we wanted to have removed (we would have understood if they just removed the Ivy to get the fence installed).
2) Putting up, at their expense, "finished" siding on both sides of the fence (estimated to cost
3) Putting "Chicken wire" up on the split rail - to help us keep our dog in the yard (we expected we would need to do that after they were done.
4) Verifying several times that I was happy with not only the work they did by how the folks doing the work acted (which was phenomenal).
5) Doing a very through job of cleaning up (wood pieces, saw dust, etc.) when they were done.
In reference to their work (which was excellent):
1) All the fences are well planned and the hardware they used for the gates is well above expected quality.
2) The holes dug for the posts are deep and, as a result, I now have sturdy very fences.
3) The alignment of the fences (as viewed from the end) is perfect and the fence posts are the same height.
4) The "arcs" between the posts match.
5) The "panels: they used are of good quality.
6) Before they installed the fences, they marked all underground cables, etc. (my wife actually asked what the different colored lines were on the yard and around the driveway)
7) (I even looked at the Nails they were using to ensure they last). and they are the type that will not "push out" over time (with "ribbing" at the end).
All in all, A great job, very reasonably / competitively priced, and work done by a positive / proactive vendor. Please also not that I normally like to list both the positive and negative, but do not have anything of substance to mention on the negative side. In addition, I would most definitely recommend their work to others.
The first attempt at installation had concrete that was left spilling out from the patio, the pavers were visibly crocked, no consistent pattern flow from the patio to the walkway, and grout work was visibly irregular. After repeated calls voicing our complaint, the contractor came back to view the patio five days later and agreed that the patio did not look good and the only way to fix the patio was to redo the patio and agreed to in a different style.
In the meantime, the contractor left all their materials in our yard. The first weekend in December 2011, the contractor came out and removed the construction materials after our repeated requests to do so and three days later came to reinstall the patio.
The second attempt at the patio was a Paver patio without grout or concrete. This patio was not structurally sound and a safety issue. The pavers moved under your feet as you walked on them, despite the contractors assurance that the pavers would "settle" and not move. The pavers began to chip and significantly move within days of installation. We attempted for weeks to reach the contractor via phone, even stopping by their office location and could not get a response. Due to our concerns about the stability of the patio, We had another contractor come out and give us an analysis of Premier's patio.
Their analysis is listed below:
2) Downspout which dumped onto the patio needed to be piped under the pavers to prevent erosion from washing out base material or
3) Initial paver installation did not include enough base material or which caused the severe unevenness in the clay pavers. The base material was re-secured with proper gravel sizes and compaction.
4) The patio was set on too much of a slope which would make it more difficult to set furniture. Standard is a 1 1/2% slope maximum.
5) The initial pavers were not tamped in place to "finish" the interlock process which caused them to feel very loose when walked on. This loose feel was making the edges break and chip away.
We hired this other contractor to replace the patio as we have a small child and a dog and the patio that Premier installed was not safe for anyone to walk on. The new contractors were extremely prompt, professional and installed a professional patio.
We gave Premier ample opportunity to respond and the benefit of the doubt but it became clear that they misrepresented their ability to install patios given that both patio styles were deficient and that there was no "fix" this contractor could make as it was clear to the other contractor just by sight that there were significant basic installation deficiencies with Premier's patio second installation.
We requested that Premier give us a full refund of the $3,400 that we paid for the patio portion of the work performed and have an unresolved complaint through the better business bureau for this matter as they refused to go to arbitration. We are evaluating our options with regard to small claims court. The business addresses that we have of record are vacant.
We consider ourselves to be very fair people but this company needs to be held accountable for their poor workmanship and we don't want to see anyone else be taken advantage of as we have been."
So, now my come to Angieslist.com first, instead of stopping by a local business in hopes of finding a reliable fence repair business."
All Fence Installers in Matthews, NC
Indian Trail, NC
Kings Mountain, NC