Access to trusted reviews, the best Siding Contractors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Cary Siding Articles
Siding reviews in Cary
1. We contracted for the work to be completed between May 2 and May 7. And although there was a slight delay (2 days) waiting for additional shoe molding, the project ran until May 15th and when he left was still incomplete and poorly done.
2. Let’s begin with what went well. He subcontracted the carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms and those guys were wonderful. They worked on the weekend, which was fine. They showed up on a Sunday morning, moved furniture, and laid carpet in 3 bedrooms and replaced furniture within 4 hours. They fixed squeaks in the subfloor before laying the carpet as well. They were a joy and if they were not with
3. Now for the other. First the contractor estimated we would need 600 square feet of flooring. This is not my first rodeo and I’ve hired workmen for many years. I realize there has to be room for error and waste but this man under estimated everything he measured. He either grossly underestimated or wasted a lot of material. We had to buy yet half of that again to complete the job. So he actually underestimated for another half of the entire job. Unacceptable and very expensive mistake.
4. Secondly, he made all sorts of promises he wouldn’t and didn’t keep. He promised to pick up the flooring. He did not show up and would not answer calls. We had to pick it up. He promised to show up on days he never called and never showed up and when he did, he showed up alone without any help.
5. The reason he had no help is because his crew, the guys who know what they are doing, were off on another job before he completed mine and I was left with his shoddy workmanship. He was slow and worked in circles. There was no organization at all.
6. He never finished anything before he moved on to something else.
7. The powder room was left with the toilet unseated. In other words, he couldn’t figure out how to hook it back up so he left it just sitting there. The mirror was never put back in place. He tried to re-hang a shelf and could not even successfully do that, he left giant nail holes in the freshly painted walls. We had to fill the holes and repaint. He never re-hung the towel racks. He just left it.
8. Rented a pod to supposedly house my furniture in front of my house while the job was done. Pod was small and could only accommodate boxes. Which was a good thing I guess because it was not one that could sit in my driveway, it was one that had to be taken back to the storage facility and stored for a approximately 3 days. Note, this decision was made without discussing it with me and my husband. We had not seen or given permission for this. Had no idea what type of storage facility or whether it was clean or not. So it was a blessing it was too small I guess. However, the price wasn’t small. $300.00 for 4 days. What a rip off. For that matter could have just pushed furniture into one room and installed the flooring and then pushed it back. I went along with it because I was expecting a smooth transition. Not what I received.
9. On to the door frame. The front door was dragging across the floor and I asked him to refit the door. What he did was remove my element sweep and left a gap in my door so big you can see daylight. We now have to pay someone else to re-weatherize the door.
10. Moldings were left off and shoe moldings cut and installed in the most amateurish way I have ever seen. He wasted so much shoe molding until he ran out of it as well and he put my refrigerator back without even telling me there was no more shoe molding. I happened to pull it out to clean behind it while he was still there and found it. I found that to be totally dishonest, which is the worse.
11. In the living and dining rooms, the molding once again look as if a child had done the work and the big one, he actually put the flooring over one of my vents for heat and air conditioning. Just installed the flooring right over it.
12. On the stairwell where he sloppily stained the stairs, there was stain all over the walls, just slung over my paint and he left it that way. There were pieces of the original molding missing. His explanation…”I just
13. This was an awful experience!!
14. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please stay away from this vendor. I only wish I had joined Angie’s List prior to hiring Quality Paint and Remodeling. Now we have to pay someone else to come in and clean up his mess.
15. This was not just bad workmanship or lack of know-how. There was a bit of dishonesty there and a lack of caring for his customers. And that made me uncomfortable.
List of Items we have to have done after his job:
1. Replace ¾ of the shoe molding he put in
2. Reseat toilet
3. Re-hang mirror and towel bar
4. Weatherize front door
5. Cut out vent in wood flooring
6. Paint stairwell and hallway
7. Replace original molding in several places
8. Dispose of trash from remodel (he was contracted to do that)
9. We have already repainted the powder room
I have dealt with a number of handymen and companies, but this experience was the absolute worse ever!
We got four estimates for this work and picked
Our only general complaint would be the lack of attention to detail and adequate supervision. We picked up buckets of nails and debris that were left in our yard and garden beds and my husband is still finding places (e.g. the side of a window frame) that weren't painted.
The job ended up stretching out for an additional couple of weeks because the project manager and crew thought they didn't have enough siding. While additional product was on order, we waited with the trash dumpster in front of the house and siding still missing. After the extra siding was delivered, we discovered enough materials had been sitting the driveway under a tarp and some trim pieces all along! Not a huge deal, but frustrating.
A minor issue arose because the metal flashing which was pre-finished at the
The site was prepared with a dumpster and needed materials. The team arrived on time and worked hard all day. Their attention to detail and craftsmen ship was outstanding. Our mountain
No piece of siding was attached without a special
Influencing factors: THE is General Contractor - we originally were going to go over 30K and a GC is necessary if you do...besides it offers other benefits even if the price is lower at no additional cost based on comparison estimates.
ROOF - We chose Landmark Certainteed for roof - this product got better reviews than brands...Triangle was certified Master for this brand, THE provided one of the most competitive prices for this with added benefit of certification. Hand nailed shingles was a plus. Installed batting in attic to close off gable vents...very professional help for that.
WINDOWS - THE uses WeatherLok brand- we found not much difference on window manufacturers, just the level of window quality in each manufacturer. Since we had 25 double hung windows replaced plus 2 large custom windows (and sill rot!) we found the price and features to be an excellent value with THE - particularly because THE throws in lifetime glass breakage and "ultra" argon upgrade at same price - presumably based on relationship with vendor. Windows were installed without a hitch and timely -
SIDING - Did one side only because of roof leak, but extra benefit of try before whole house done. We decided on pre-primed rather than baked in paint on hardiplank replacement. Very satisfied with that decision as well as finished product. Installed one side of house in one day - very fast and great work.
Specific tasks in contract/quote were not as specific as we would have liked, so we tightened up the language a bit. We plan on having the remainder of the house resided with hardiplank, gutters and soffits, and add a porch once this round is paid off.
We would definitely use Triangle again.
If I had a similar wood working type project, I would have no hesitation using
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Siding Contractors in Cary, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Shop Local Siding Services in Cary, NC
- Exterior PaintersRobert Witcraft Painting & Decorative Concrete CoaMember Price$3500 $3900VIEW
- CarpentersMY GUYS REMODELING INCMember Price$1599 $2402VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Cary.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center