Cary Siding Contractors
Reviews for Cary Siding Contractors
1. We contracted for the work to be completed between May 2 and May 7. And although there was a slight delay (2 days) waiting for additional shoe molding, the project ran until May 15th and when he left was still incomplete and poorly done.
2. Let’s begin with what went well. He subcontracted the carpeting in the upstairs bedrooms and those guys were wonderful. They worked on the weekend, which was fine. They showed up on a Sunday morning, moved furniture, and laid carpet in 3 bedrooms and replaced furniture within 4 hours. They fixed squeaks in the subfloor before laying the carpet as well. They were a joy and if they were not with
3. Now for the other. First the contractor estimated we would need 600 square feet of flooring. This is not my first rodeo and I’ve hired workmen for many years. I realize there has to be room for error and waste but this man under estimated everything he measured. He either grossly underestimated or wasted a lot of material. We had to buy yet half of that again to complete the job. So he actually underestimated for another half of the entire job. Unacceptable and very expensive mistake.
4. Secondly, he made all sorts of promises he wouldn’t and didn’t keep. He promised to pick up the flooring. He did not show up and would not answer calls. We had to pick it up. He promised to show up on days he never called and never showed up and when he did, he showed up alone without any help.
5. The reason he had no help is because his crew, the guys who know what they are doing, were off on another job before he completed mine and I was left with his shoddy workmanship. He was slow and worked in circles. There was no organization at all.
6. He never finished anything before he moved on to something else.
7. The powder room was left with the toilet unseated. In other words, he couldn’t figure out how to hook it back up so he left it just sitting there. The mirror was never put back in place. He tried to re-hang a shelf and could not even successfully do that, he left giant nail holes in the freshly painted walls. We had to fill the holes and repaint. He never re-hung the towel racks. He just left it.
8. Rented a pod to supposedly house my furniture in front of my house while the job was done. Pod was small and could only accommodate boxes. Which was a good thing I guess because it was not one that could sit in my driveway, it was one that had to be taken back to the storage facility and stored for a approximately 3 days. Note, this decision was made without discussing it with me and my husband. We had not seen or given permission for this. Had no idea what type of storage facility or whether it was clean or not. So it was a blessing it was too small I guess. However, the price wasn’t small. $300.00 for 4 days. What a rip off. For that matter could have just pushed furniture into one room and installed the flooring and then pushed it back. I went along with it because I was expecting a smooth transition. Not what I received.
9. On to the door frame. The front door was dragging across the floor and I asked him to refit the door. What he did was remove my element sweep and left a gap in my door so big you can see daylight. We now have to pay someone else to re-weatherize the door.
10. Moldings were left off and shoe moldings cut and installed in the most amateurish way I have ever seen. He wasted so much shoe molding until he ran out of it as well and he put my refrigerator back without even telling me there was no more shoe molding. I happened to pull it out to clean behind it while he was still there and found it. I found that to be totally dishonest, which is the worse.
11. In the living and dining rooms, the molding once again look as if a child had done the work and the big one, he actually put the flooring over one of my vents for heat and air conditioning. Just installed the flooring right over it.
12. On the stairwell where he sloppily stained the stairs, there was stain all over the walls, just slung over my paint and he left it that way. There were pieces of the original molding missing. His explanation…”I just
13. This was an awful experience!!
14. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Please stay away from this vendor. I only wish I had joined Angie’s List prior to hiring Quality Paint and Remodeling. Now we have to pay someone else to come in and clean up his mess.
15. This was not just bad workmanship or lack of know-how. There was a bit of dishonesty there and a lack of caring for his customers. And that made me uncomfortable.
List of Items we have to have done after his job:
1. Replace ¾ of the shoe molding he put in
2. Reseat toilet
3. Re-hang mirror and towel bar
4. Weatherize front door
5. Cut out vent in wood flooring
6. Paint stairwell and hallway
7. Replace original molding in several places
8. Dispose of trash from remodel (he was contracted to do that)
9. We have already repainted the powder room
I have dealt with a number of handymen and companies, but this experience was the absolute worse ever!