Access to trusted reviews, the best Siding Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Cary Siding Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Cary Siding Contractors Reviews
Influencing factors: THE is General Contractor - we originally were going to go over 30K and a GC is necessary if you do...besides it offers other benefits even if the price is lower at no additional cost based on comparison estimates.
ROOF - We chose Landmark Certainteed for roof - this product got better reviews than brands...Triangle was certified Master for this brand, THE provided one of the most competitive prices for this with added benefit of certification. Hand nailed shingles was a plus. Installed batting in attic to close off gable vents...very professional help for that.
WINDOWS - THE uses WeatherLok brand- we found not much difference on window manufacturers, just the level of window quality in each manufacturer. Since we had 25 double hung windows replaced plus 2 large custom windows (and sill rot!) we found the price and features to be an excellent value with THE - particularly because THE throws in lifetime glass breakage and "ultra" argon upgrade at same price - presumably based on relationship with vendor. Windows were installed without a hitch and timely -
SIDING - Did one side only because of roof leak, but extra benefit of try before whole house done. We decided on pre-primed rather than baked in paint on hardiplank replacement. Very satisfied with that decision as well as finished product. Installed one side of house in one day - very fast and great work.
Specific tasks in contract/quote were not as specific as we would have liked, so we tightened up the language a bit. We plan on having the remainder of the house resided with hardiplank, gutters and soffits, and add a porch once this round is paid off.
We would definitely use Triangle again.
If I had a similar wood working type project, I would have no hesitation using
We have a contemporary style house which in our opinion required a somewhat unique treatment. After talking with and getting estimates from several contractors, give us what we wanted.
The siding had to be installed vertically and window/door trim had to be neat and uncluttered.....
1. any rotten siding [cedar] and trim was removed and replaced with filler.
2. window and door trim were fir-ed out
3.. insulation panels were installed over the entire house
4. Alside Charter Oak [gray] siding [solid soffit] was installed vertically
5. all facsia board,rake boards, door and window trim, gable vents were caped with Alside trim coil in midnight blue
6. sofit was covered with Alside solid and vented sofit
7. 5 mulit panel [3 and 4 panels per window] windows were installed
8. Centurion Stone was installed on around doors on front and rear walls from deck to roof line
9. back porch was rescreened, new door installed and painted
The entire job took about 2 weeks. The crew, with
Any problems or issues that developed were explained to us by
Of course some issues did develope, it's to be expected, in every case a resolution was proposed and put into action immediately.
Given the scope of the job and having received quotes for other contractors, we considered the cost of the job to be quite reasonable and seeing the final product has only confirmed that. The job was completed as per the bid.
I understand that delays often happen on a construction job, however, I do not believe that the 2 major delays (along with many minor one or two day delays) should have caused this project to take should have taken this length of time. The sliding glass door was delivered August 22. Almost a month after the original date. Even if it had arrived broken the first time, I should have been notified before August 15 that had to be reordered The carpet installation was completed only after I discovered that it had not been scheduled until I started making inquiries.
I realize that my job may not have been the most extensive or expensive, however, I feel as though I was not kept up with important information and not always told the complete truth. It makes me wonder that if I had been more assertive and trusting when these major delays were occurring, I might have been able to avoid them
He gave extremely detailed progress updates as the work was ongoing.
He is best reached through e-mail - you cannot reach him through phone - but he is very responsive through e-mail.
I would absolutely recommend using him."
All in all a very positive experience and we will be having Kings Home Improvement do additional work for us in the months ahead."
All Siding Contractors in Cary, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Wake Forest, nc