Access to trusted reviews, the best Garage Builders and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
The company is owned by
1. They didn't even know where to file the building permit. They filed it with the city, but it was supposed to be with the county. Oddly, this is the county where the owner and the company both reside. What kind of outfit files the permit in the wrong jurisdiction--and it's their OWN county--not some distant county they rarely work in.
2. We signed the agreement on June 3rd. They showed up for work 2 weeks later.
The foundation crew would work 1-2 hours a day and leave. This drug on for weeks and should have been completed in 1-2 days. When I asked
It quickly became clear the foundation footer was wrong. They wanted 2 stories of brick to sit on the the spilled over concrete from the foundation instead of a proper brick ledge (google "Brick ledge").
3. The foundation work was pathetic. They added a slope to the floor and my plans did not call for it.
The concrete crew failed to remove tree leaves from the concrete and instead covered them up. Eventually, the fingernail depth concrete over the leaves popped off and now there's leaf shaped voids in the concrete.
Finally, the side of the slab was warped and deformed, bulging near the bottom. The bricking crew had to work around this by spacing the brick further than it should have been.
4. The framers couldn't read plans. I don't believe most of them were here legally in this country. And the real contractor,
The framing work was so bad, we're still finding warped walls and openings. That didn't become clear until the sheetrock was in. Their own dry wall contractor commented on the shoddy window openings, noting it wasn't his fault the drywall didn't fit properly. He noted that even the windows don't fit properly as he made the case this wasn't his fault.
Currently, one window and 2 walls are warped or bent--one or more 2x4s are bowed in the wall. These are easily noticeable with the naked eye--no level or measuring tools needed. Do you want warped walls? don't hire these clowns.
5. The drywall guys were like the framers--no English, some evidence they're not here legally, and no attention to detail. The drywall still isn't properly fixed. Just some areas they decided they weren't going to sand. Your guess is as good as mine on the logic here. The drywall guy blamed the contractor on his scope of work. He said
I frequently find the contractor and the salesman are so out of touch, his own subcontractors don't know what to do.
6. They ordered the wrong window for a custom window in the building. I've heard a couple of different stories on this. One is the building supply company made a mistake and an employee was fired (unlikely). The other is
7. The timing and oversight is terrible. They are absentee builders. The guy running the project isn't even a builder. No one reviews the work or checks for quality. That's why I have warped walls and a warped foundation. They never have any idea what is going on. They call me to ask because they have no clue what's happening on the job site.
8. Do you really want to do business with a shady company? They submit a bid to you with detailed line items. For most contractors, that becomes the contract. That was the case with my last building I had built. Not the case here. They then pull out a contract you've never seen before. They vaguely write in items without as much detail. Buried within this document is language that says that the bid they submitted isn't valid and only this contract is valid. Interestingly, they also claim they aren't liable for their own engineering services. I presume this is because of dirt compaction problems and foundation problems they had on another site. One of their subs told me about that. The problem in my case was they specified a specific garage door in my bid, and later briefly tried to say that bid wasn't valid, only the contract which simply said "garage door". They reversed course on that idea. But from that contract is a good microcosm of the whole project. Nothing is what it seems and nothing is what you expect.
9. Bricking. We wanted a bricked in window, with no actual window. The price came back sky high and
Some of the mortar in that bricked window is falling out. That's going be another repair for them. That's because the brick guys had to redo it because, as I suspected, they didn't understand what
9. DO NOT do business with these people. Think of the person you dislike the most. Maybe it's an ex-spouse? If you've lived long enough, there are people you dislike. Some strongly so. But I would not wish this incompetent company on ANYONE I have ever known. IF YOU USE THESE CLOWNS, you WILL have to babysit your own project. You might as well be your own contractor, since this contractor isn't going to manage his own sub-contractors.
You are paying a contractor for his expertise and knowledge in construction AND their selection of subcontractors. I have no doubt
10. 12 weeks into this project, my project isn't done. Weeks by with no activity. I'm done babysitting subcontractors. I'm done begging for mistakes to be repaired. I'm simply going to withhold the final payment and point out each outstanding item, flaw or repair, one item at a time.
If you're even thinking of using this business, or one of the other 3 businesses owned by
shed or building thats covered by a great warranty and looks awesome. I was very impressed and amazed by the delivery and set
up which is done by one man and a very interesting delivery system. And last but not least not only wher they polite and punctual
they finished my order almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule. And one final note they even brought me a plate of home made cookies in appreation for my business!! A+ rating in my book.
I signed a contract the with
Prior to this and per the direction of the builder, I hired the concrete/excavator company to perform site excavation and preparation, which had to be done before the builder could begin.
For the 4-5 weeks after excavation and ground prep was complete, the builder continually promised (provided specific dates)
on which he and his crew would show up to being building the barn.
Throughout the month of OCT, each promised date would come and go. Builder would not call, e-mail, or otherwise inform me that he was (again) delaying the start date. Each time, he provided a subsequent start date. Each time the NEXT start date would arrive, the same thing would occur - absolutely no notice, no communication, some unfounded excuse of why he could not start, and a promise of yet another start date.
Into November, the same thing. 11 NOV, 15 NOV, and finally 18 NOV.
On several of these days, I had actually taken a vacation day off (from work) to be there for the start of the build to make sure my expectations were in line with builder's understanding. No contact, no call, no e-mail ... just a no-show.
When I called him (as I always had to when he didn't show up) when he didn't show up on 18 NOV, builder said he wasn't showing up. He became belligerent with me, used profanity, telling me to "F*ck off" because I DARED to ask him why he kept bailing out on me and failing to show up as promised, and then he quit.
I have witnesses that HEARD him as he YELLED at me on the phone. "F*CK YOU! I'M DROPPING YOU LIKE A HOT
POTATO!" were his EXACT words.
Since the builder had pulled the building permits in HIS name, not only was I out $363 for those useless permits, but I had to pay for them AGAIN once I found another builder. (PMYC eventually refunded a small portion of those permit costs, but only because the county refunded a small portion to him).
So in the middle of November in Michigan, just days away from our first big snow, and with $17,000 worth of materials ALREADY bought, paid for, and sitting in my driveway,
If I had to have a pole barn built and
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Garage Builders in Kalispell, MT
1 employee. uses subs for extra labor, electrical and plumbing. cost is determined by the job....
Local general contractor, free quotes
Building or remodeling a home is a team effort. for every project we undertake, we put...
Welcome to blue core building systems, llc. we are a full service general contractor,...
About the bob rossman group in 2005, my sons jeremy, age 30, brian, age 28 , and i realized...
We are a small family owned business, where the onwer of the company is on almost every job we...
Bulldog contactors inc. would like to thank you for the opportunity to bid on your building...
We offer a full scale of all outdoor improvements, from simple lawn care to complete landscape...
Columbia Falls, MT
Cedar ridge construction
Ask for details.
Creekside construction is a custom home building company with an outstanding reputation for...
Crotto construction is a family owned, residential and commercial general contractor, with...
We are a small homeowned company with myself, my wife and daughter as main workers and have...
Dakota steel buildings is a general contractor specializing in the supply and erection of...
Dan mott construction is an environmently friendly remodel, residential, and commercial...
Working with top post and beam and timber frame manufacturers, famous barns provides plans,...
Three Forks, MT
We are a registered, licensed and insured montana construction company operated by a husband...
We are a general contractor who specializes in residential property construction. we have...
General contactor and sub contractor
Jerry ross construction is a full service company with over 30 years experience, no project is...
Kranz construction quality building and improvements pete kranz services we offer are the...
Offering high quality, professional construction for missoula & western montana. we strive...
Your eco friendly building solution
We have backhoe equipment for plowing, excavation, and trench digging. we also have a 45'...
General contractor of commercial and residential buildings, specializing in insulating...
In business since 2004, nelson homes llc specializes in quality home construction. weather you...
General construction and cad drafting design company that builds and remodel homes with great...
Pacific northwest builders (pnb) is a general contractor specializing in the construction...
Royal Oak, MI
We are a remodeling homeowner advocate. remodeling second opinion helps homeowners by stopping...
All phases of concrete work, excavation and soil work performed..can get to most jobs within a...
We are home builders and also remodel homes. we provide excellent building and carpentry work...
Columbia Falls, MT
Shields construction is an owner operated business we can bid your job or work by the...
Sullivan building services, inc. has built custom homes for over 30 years in western...
Sunburst construction is a small 30 yr hands-on company focused on quality, customer service...
If you dream it, we can build it. what's the biggest difference between us and them? we build...
Tuff shed is america's leading provider of installed storage sheds and garages. since 1981,...
We specialize in asphalt shingles, metal roofs and flat rubber. we run a crew of ten guys...
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Kalispell.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center