Dear Angie: What’s involved in restoring and staining a grayed-out fence? – Srinivasa V., Plano, Texas
Find Top-Rated Horn Lake Fence Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Fence Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Fence Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,232 reviews for
Horn Lake Fence Companies from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Horn Lake
Chicken wire rarely looks this good
Yard plants, flowers vulnerable to animal trespassers
Hiring a professional to install a fence can increase the price of your fencing project, depending on size and the type of fence.
I would say depends on several things:
1) what % of the job is $400 ?
2) how good is the warranty - against all types of failure, or what - cedar fences usually fail in one of two ways - tornado/hurricane/waves/flood/car collision takes them out, or the posts (if not treated timber) rot out. The fence itself will change color and get fuzzy as it weathers, but should last 15-20 years in most areas.
3) generally, a fence is not something you would pay for a warranty on - if properly put up and with concreted-in copper chromate or copper napthalate treated posts (the green preservative) should last a long time and not need warranty work basically till the fasteners fail or the fence slat boards split too badly.
4) if I was going to spend extra money on a wood fence, it would be for a good quality penetrating sealer, not steel posts.
Fence Company reviews in Horn Lake
My neighbor signed the contract. Still,
The crew arrived and backed into the driveway. I showed him the site and suggested they use the neighbor's driveway, as it would provide better and closer access. Two men promply went to work and and the crew chief relocated to my neighbor's driveway.
I asked the crew chief if I could have the 2x4 trims and said they could be tossed into a pile in my yard. After the fence was completed, I was initially disappointed at not seeing the pile of trims. Then I looked closer and realized the trims had been neatly placed on an existing stack of firewood. That was a thoughtful gesture.
The completed fence is excellent. Good work.
If I do decide to replace my existing fence, I would definitely contact this company. I highly recommend them.
We went with a PVC fence which is maintenance free that looks great.The permit process took a little longer than we hoped but this was from changes to the permitting process with the City of Boca.
The guys that did the work were very detail oriented and very good communicating and confirming different thoughts during the construction. It was a total pleasure working with the lead foreman on the job. He takes such pride in the work that is being done. You can tell that he loves his job and loves his work. The result is great.Once the work was done, all of the materials were cleaned up. Everything was spot on.
Our fence looks great and it was 100% worth calling
Thank you again
We could not be happier with the results and from the service from your company.
They did not show up for the orignial appointment to give us quote.
The deck was powerwashed and then not stained for almost two weeks.
Workers were smoking on the job and left cigarette butts in the lawn.
The work was good quality and it looks nice- but the overall experience was not good.
Once scheduled, they arrived on the date and time that they stated. Work was done in a professional and efficient manner. I had a fenced yard within a week. They put a gate on backwards but they came out and fixed right away along with a post that we bent when we accidentally hit it with tractor mower.
All in all, very pleased with my experience with
Fence Companies in Horn Lake, MS
Shop Local Fence Company Services in Horn Lake, MS
- Landscaping CompaniesSolo LandscapeMember Price$175 $175VIEW
- Deck BuildersM & N Roofing & ConstructionMember Price$335 $650VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Horn Lake.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center