Access to trusted reviews, the best Remodeling Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Shoreview Home Remodeling Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Shoreview Remodeling Contractors Reviews
1. Drywall - He took out several walls including one that had a large mirror on it. That was significant as the original installer of the mirror had left plumbing exposed behind the mirror. He took out the ceiling above the tub area, raised the roof, and installed a light. All of the drywall was installed very professionally and while mudding the walls even took out some of the imperfections of the remaining walls (including unevenness of the wall itself). By removing the drywall in the tub area he exposed some problems like improper electrical wiring and no shutoff valves for the tub area.
2. Ceramic tile: He completely took out the old tile including the floor tile. Which was a good thing because in doing that he exposed the fact that the toilet stool was leaking so much it had started to rot the floorboards. He installed the new ceramic tile beautifully including some glass tile inlay. The floor tile had some unevenness in each tile and when it was done you could not tell there was any difference between one tile to the next. The same was true with the tile for the shower stall.
3. Plumbing: The toilet stool plumbing had to be redone both in the bathroom and in the basement to correct the problem of leakage which was done right. The plumbing for the vanity also had to be redone as the shutoff valves there were frozen and could not be turned so new ones had to be installed. A new shower drain was put in and the pipes were roto cleaned so the drains would work well. This was done in both the bathroom that was being remodeled and another bathroom that had a slow draining problem.
4. Carpentry: We had wanted to install an entertainment center as a vanity in the bathroom.
5. Electrical: The electrical problems were numerous. Poor electrical wiring in the tub area (already mentioned), poor electrical wiring at the outlets, installing a light in the shower area (which meant he had to go up to the attic to do encountering more problems with the insulation there). He installed two switches for the bathroom so we could turn on the lights only in the area we wanted to use. Very well done.
All in all, in every detail,
co-worker who had excellent results with his siding and window project. I dealt with
his Project Manager, are both outstanding people that have the most important attribute that you can
find in any contractor; integrity. That’s tough to find these days. They are also detailed oriented and eagerly worked with me on small issues throughout the project. Their subcontractors were all experienced and easy to work with. The siding also needed painting, and with the cold weather setting in, they made sure there was a full crew available to get it completed in time. The end result was a high quality job that has made my wife and me extremely happy.
We will definitely continue have
Everything was done in a timely fashion. Subcontractors called when they were on their way so I would expect them at the door. The entire group was made of personable individuals.
All Remodeling Contractors in Shoreview, MN
Eden Prairie, MN
Saint Paul, MN
Mounds View, MN
Saint Paul, MN
South Saint Paul, MN
Howard Lake, MN